or Connect

Posts by Flimsychicken

I chose mink. I wasn't looking for a stark color contrast (I was more interested in contrasting the material/texture).
Just got a picture of my new Galways, which should be en route to me! Something about the Brown Utah attracted me from day one, and I haven't seen it paired with suede much, so I thought I would give it a try. I ordered in February, for those interested. Many thanks to the folks at Skoaktiebolaget (@Skoaktiebolaget and @Leaves) for their great service as always!
That's been my experience, yes. For reference, I am a 8/8.5E on the 888 and 82 from EG.
For sale is a pair of very gently worn (2 or 3 times) pair of St. Crispin's oxfords. The style is Mod. 522, and the color is Cru 611 (burgundy crust leather). The style is a beautiful punch cap toe. Built on the Classic Last. Size is 7.5F UK, which is roughly a 8.5D US. ("F" width is St.C's standard width size). Metal toe taps are installed, and these feature a seamless rear. They are hand-welted, as I understand. I bought these new and wore them 2 or 3 times. Please...
I have for sale a very nice, brand new with tags Polo Ralph Lauren Made in Italy (by Corneliani) suit. This is PRL's "Blue Label" made in Italy. The style is "Polo I". It is charcoal/gray with a subtle birdseye weave that looks solid from just a few feet away. This is a true staple piece. Size is marked 38 short. Jacket has pick stitching, nice lapel roll, minimal shoulder padding, dual vents, 2-button stance. 100% virgin wool. Trousers are flat front and unhemmed for...
Another option for an unlined suede loafer is the Sandown. It's unlined, but unlike the Portland, it is Goodyear welted with EG's lightweight rubber sole. The shoe is very lightweight and very comfortable, but it can also be used for more serious walking (I've worn them all day, around town, through the airport, etc.). I believe EG has a tassel version of the unlined suede loafer with GY welt, but I forget what it is called. The Sandown isn't as cheap as the Portland,...
They are US size. I tried the Falkirks a couple of months ago. They were advertised as 8.5E, and they were indeed 8/8.5E on the 82. Unfortunately one shoe was lighter than the other (I presume a display model), but the store was very professional and handled the return (they took care of shipping both ways) with no issues whatsoever.
RLBL navy wool blazer in 38 Short. Not a "steal" ($599, although if you got the eBay deal you get 10% in eBay bucks if you pay by tonight), but if you're like me and have been looking for this jacket in this color and size, you know it is hard to find on a discount.
For sale is a pair of Edward Green for RLPL "Barksdale" split toe loafers. Size is 8/8.5D on the 101 Last. They are Edwardian Antique. I'd consider these NWOB, although you can see from the photos that they have been tried on and have marks on the outsoles that reflect that. Please see photos. These feature the hand-sewn split toe design that is common to the EG Dover, Nevis, etc. Please note that there is an ever so small mark/dent on the toe of the left toe. Please see...
Decent deal on a basically new SAB for Peal & Co. for BB top frame briefcase. $625 BIN, with opening bid at $480. Not marked SAB.