or Connect

Posts by Flimsychicken

For sale is a pair of gently used Edward Green oxfords. I believe these are an older version of the Berkeley model. Chestnut color quarter-brogue (punch cap toe). Size is US 8D (these were made for US market, so only US sizing is listed). Built on the 32 Last. Please PM with any questions. Sorry, but no box or bags with these. My price is $299 shipped CONUS. Thanks.
For sale is a pair of gently used Edward Green oxfords for Ralph Lauren Purple Label (RLPL). I forget the model name (Aksel?). Color is dark oak. Size is 7/7.5E on the 89 Last. Shoe trees are not included. My price is $XXX shipped CONUS. I can include shoe bags (RLPL ones but they dont match) and an RLPL box. Please PM with any questions. Thanks.
For sale is a pair of gently used Edward Green "Cherwell" unlined chukka boots. These have been gently used by me for a couple of seasons. Size is 7.5/8 on the 82 Last. Unfortunately the interior writing has worn off of these (it was written directly on inner ankle because these are unlined). I believe the color is called "clove" nubuck. My price is $349 including shipping CONUS. I will include bags, and I can include an EG box (non-original) if you really want...
Now also available on eBay at auction with no reserve. But buy here for less than the eBay BIN. For sale is a rarely seen (especially on the secondary market), new Brooks Brothers soft briefcase made out of Horween Shell Cordovan. It is the same briefcase that can be found here on BB's website, although it is no longer available. Retail price was $4000 plus tax. Needless to say, this is incredible. The color is #8 shell cordovan made by Horween. Suede lining. Brass...
OakRoom also had the Elmsley in Navy Delepre for $675 or so. I would have gone for them, but I picked up the Shanklins instead (hard to pass up that deal). Means by Cherwell (unlined like Shanklins but in Nubuck and on the 82 Last) chukkas will be on B&S soon . . .
Yeah I see your bind. For me, for more casual wear, I'll almost always wear a pair of Dovers or a pair of longwings or other full brogues. It's hard to imagine situations where I'd grab a pair of straight tips instead of one of those options (I've got a few options for both Dovers and full brogues). If you have a "business casual" need (at least in the USA where I am, that typically means trousers, shirt, and jacket, but no tie, and it is certainly less formal than a...
I think it really depends on what your goals are. If you are trying to fill a gap in your EG blucher collection and your budget or closet space is limited, I'd honestly look elsewhere. Straight tip bluchers, for me, don't get much wear. Also, if you are looking for something a bit more causal with a textured leather from EG, I'd go for something in Country Calf (Walnut isn't quite as dark as Dark Brown Utah, but I think it's close) instead of Utah, which, while I love the...
For what it is worth, I have Dovers in size 7.5E on the 606, and I also have Thorpes in size 7.5F on the MH71. The fit on both are really great for me. Every foot is different, of course . . .
I think DOAK on the 82 Last as well, assuming the last works for you. In fact, I'm going to go out on a limb and say that any serious shoe person "needs" the DOAK and Black Chelsea on the 82 Last (if it works for you). I've got 15 pairs of EGs or so, and my Chelseas may not get worn the most, but when you need a classic plain cap toe, nothing beats them.Edit: I should add that I've twice owned a Chestnut Chelsea on the 202. Both times I bought them I returned them. For...
And the Thorpes are now mine! Thanks to @Tallcane and the one-day shipping, I'm now wearing them for the rest of the day. Awesome boots.