or Connect

Posts by Flimsychicken

Another option for an unlined suede loafer is the Sandown. It's unlined, but unlike the Portland, it is Goodyear welted with EG's lightweight rubber sole. The shoe is very lightweight and very comfortable, but it can also be used for more serious walking (I've worn them all day, around town, through the airport, etc.). I believe EG has a tassel version of the unlined suede loafer with GY welt, but I forget what it is called. The Sandown isn't as cheap as the Portland,...
They are US size. I tried the Falkirks a couple of months ago. They were advertised as 8.5E, and they were indeed 8/8.5E on the 82. Unfortunately one shoe was lighter than the other (I presume a display model), but the store was very professional and handled the return (they took care of shipping both ways) with no issues whatsoever.
RLBL navy wool blazer in 38 Short. Not a "steal" ($599, although if you got the eBay deal you get 10% in eBay bucks if you pay by tonight), but if you're like me and have been looking for this jacket in this color and size, you know it is hard to find on a discount.
For sale is a pair of Edward Green for RLPL "Barksdale" split toe loafers. Size is 8/8.5D on the 101 Last. They are Edwardian Antique. I'd consider these NWOB, although you can see from the photos that they have been tried on and have marks on the outsoles that reflect that. Please see photos. These feature the hand-sewn split toe design that is common to the EG Dover, Nevis, etc. Please note that there is an ever so small mark/dent on the toe of the left toe. Please see...
Decent deal on a basically new SAB for Peal & Co. for BB top frame briefcase. $625 BIN, with opening bid at $480. Not marked SAB.
I just sent you a PM. You can count me in on these. I need E width.
For sale is a nice pair of used, Crockett & Jones "Tavistock" austerity brogues oxfords. These are a handgrade model (full channel soles; better leather; full sock liner) on the 337 Last. Size is 7E UK. These are in great condition. Soles are still hard. No major cuts, nicks, etc. I've taken care of these well (always used trees; small amounts of Saphir reno and polish as needed). See photos for the details. My price is $199 shipped CONUS. Sale price includes shoe trees...
That is conventional wisdom; however, for me, I did not even try these F width shoes on, as I knew I wasn't going to keep them (I did not like the balance of the shoes). I think it also depends on how the last fits you. If a last fits a little long, then sizing down 1/2 size and up a width would probably work. With all that said, it really does depend on the person/foot. I've worked to figure out my correct sizing via a fair amount of (expensive) trial and error.
I took a flyer on these out of curiosity a few weeks ago. They are indeed size 7.5UK, but they are F width and on the 202 last. Shape seemed off (probably just the width). Also, the color was pretty "flat" seeming (not much if any burnishing at all). I returned them.
PSA: SuitYourself has some EGs on sale for $699 and free shipping (and no tax if shipped out of state). I confirmed that trees are not included with the sale price, but still a decent deal. I picked up a pair of Falkirks. He still has some Midford and Wells and others available, although sizes are a bit limited.