or Connect

Posts by Flimsychicken

Thanks, guys! ^^^ I wasn't referring to a specific post, but I've seen folks say over the years that the 202 looks blobby or bulbous. I used to have a pair of chestnut Chelseas on the 202, and I wasn't a huge fan of the shape for a balmoral. I am not sure if my taste has changed, or if the dover just looks better, but I'm happy! (FWIW, I have Chelseas, both in Doak and Black, on the 82 and love them on that last).
Maiden voyage for these today. I have to say, I am thrilled with how these came out (as an 888/82 Last fan, I was very happy with the shape of the 202; not blobby at all). Thanks to Skoak for the great service. EG Dover Brandy Willow Calf 202E Last Double Leather Sole Sorry for the lousy cell phone picture:
Basically new EG Top Drawer Dovers in size 12/12.5. $1000 o/b/o. Awesome deal if they are your size. I'd definitely kop if my size, and I already own these (but not TD). Edit: I know this isn't the cool shoes thread, but these are too rare to not post here.
Edward Green TOP DRAWER Dovers in Dark Oak (I think) Size 12/12.5. They look basically new. $1000 o/b/o. These are a damn steal for TD. If they are your size. . .
For sale is a pair of used Ralph Lauren "Benton" black cap toes / oxfords / quarter brogues. These are by Crockett & Jones, and by most, if not all, accounts, this is the same as the C&J "Belgrave" model. Made to or close to handgrade standards (including full channeled soles, full sock liner) on the 337 Last. The calfskin leather is very nice. Color is black. Size is 8.5D US, and I'd say the fit true to size in my experience. Shoes trees are not included, but sale will...
Nice! Man, I miss the B&S of old . . . GL with the sale (not that you will need it). Edit: By the way, if these are your size and you wear loafers, these are "instakop"!
New Foster & Sons by Edward Green punch cap toes. Antique Chestnut (I believe). Size 7/7.5F on the 88 Last. Price is around $400 plus shipping from UK. These are not marked as EG, so they may be flying under the radar a bit. A decent chance at getting a very nice deal.
Has anyone here purchased full sock liners/inserts for EG shoes? If so, did you get them directly from EG, or through a retailer? I've tried emailing EG, but I haven't gotten a response.
I don't see many derbies here. I know I will not be the first one to say you should go for a Dover on the 606 or 202. Also, I don't see a ton of Country Calf. Perhaps a shortwing or longwing (Sandringham or I forget the name of the longwing) in CC? If you are going more formal (which certainly appears to be your trend), perhaps a Shannon boot? Finally, I have the EG Southwold's on the 888 and love them to death. I'd recommend them in DO or Black.
For sale is a pair of very nice, used, John Lobb for Hermes "John" austerity brogue oxfords with toe medallion. These are marked size EU 41, which roughly translates to a 7UK or 8US. They are a medium width. Made in England with typical supple leather. Color is black. I bought these new and have used them sparingly. Refer to photos for details. No major marks, nicks, scratches, etc. on the leather. Shoes will come with orange Hermes shoe bags. Sorry, but shoe trees ARE...