or Connect

Posts by Flimsychicken

And the Thorpes are now mine! Thanks to @Tallcane and the one-day shipping, I'm now wearing them for the rest of the day. Awesome boots.
Yeah, I do the same. Glad to know I'm not alone!I am a Brannock US 8.5, but I prefer the 606 and 202 in a 7.5E UK. However, for the 82 and 888, I have to go with a 8E UK (7.5E is way too tight). All my 202 and 606s are bluchers, so that may account for the extra room.
Cross-post from the cool shoes thread because this is just too good (would have bought instantly if my size): If these are your size, these are an instakop. NIB Galways size 12/12.5 -- trees included for $800.
If these are your size, these are an instakop. NIB Galways size 12/12.5 -- trees included for $800.
The US size is 9 (EG states their sizes in UK/US). "E" width is "normal" width for US.
@MacktasticGDogg those EGs are awesome! All 3 are great choices.
I hate to do this, but I am testing the waters on my pair of Edward Green Galway boots in Dark Oak (DOAK) / Mink Suede. The shade of DOAK on these boots is really spectacular. These are size 8.5/9E on the 82 Last. Flush metal toe plates/taps are installed. Double leather soles. Condition is as seen in photos. I am only selling these because they are slightly too large. My preference (big preference) is to find a trade for another pair of EG shoes (preferably Galways) in...
For sale is a new without tags Edward Green belt in Burnt Pine Calf. The belt measures ~38 inches from the buckle to the center hole. Buckle is brushed nickel, I believe. Of course, any competent craftsman can cut this down in size, if needed. I bought this NWOT and never used it, so that is how I am selling it. There may be a couple of superficial scratches, etc. EG belts retail for something like $225 or 250 (i believe; maybe more), and they are all MTO (as i...
Thanks, gents, for the compliments on my new Galways. i think Galways are a microcosm of EG as a whole. As has been said on here on many occasions, the versatility of the Galway is close to if not unparalleled. Like EG as a whole, you can't pick a "favorite", or "best looking," or just one. Depending on the last, color or color combination, sole, and material, you can create just about anything that fits dress, smart causal, or country (Ok, so maybe Galway will never be...