Posts by sdsurfer

Thanks for the advice. I am in the USA so could I get the VAT refund? I don't care so much about the brand. Really what's most important is quality and if I can get that at a lower price or bargain I'm all for it (in fact please mention suggestions as I have zero clues where to start).
Thank you for the suggestion. I bought some Draper of Glastonbury "Anton" in blue suede. Since I will wear them outside from time to time I got my cobbler (not sure if that term is still used in modern day) to put thin Vibram soles on the heel and front. I also sprayed them down with H2O protectant. I did like how much Uggs came up higher on the top part of the shoe so I am still adjusting to that. However, the Uggs did not have a heel and after walking around in them...
I'm going to Italy this May and definitely want to shop for clothes/shoes/belts while I'm there. One thought I had is would it be cheaper to send measurements over now, order some clothes, and then pick up in person. I'll definitely be in Rome, Venice, and Florence but could travel outside of here. I would love some really nice dress attire and shoes that could work in a casual setting or something fancy. I am a Kiton fan but have no idea if it would be any cheaper over...
Okay I know this question is quite subjective but I'm on the market for some very comfortable, cozy, and classy slippers for around the house. I've had Uggs (Romeo model) and a few others but I really want to take it up a notch as far as style and quality are concerned.
I wear boxers and figured it was time to replace the ones I have been wearing with a new set. I'd always heard hype surrounding Hanro so figured I would give it a shot. I ordered direct from Hanro USA so no worries on these being fakes. They arrived today and although I haven't worn them yet and put them to the test I have to say I'm a bit underwhelmed. Up to this point I'd been wearing 2xist and maybe a few pairs of Quiksilver (all boxers). I ordered 5 pairs of Hanro...
Quote: Originally Posted by drizzt3117 I would use a duvet that has a high thread count, no point in using a duvet cover that is coarser than your comforter, otherwise you might as well not use one and just dry clean your comforter every once in awhile. I'm thinking of getting a Signoria. There Italian-made of Egyptian cotton. The Duvet cover reverses from a "550-thread-count jacquard-woven abstract design to 450-thread-count taupe sateen." I...
Quote: Originally Posted by drizzt3117 Frette 1200 TC sheet set Scandia Down Contessa Comforter: http://www.scandiadown.com/parent.as...dept%5Fid=1500 Scandia Down Contessa Pillows: http://www.scandiadown.com/parent.as...dept%5Fid=5400 Ok I finally got a Scandia Down Comforter, not the Contessa but the \tVersailles Ultra. Will any duvet do for this or are there ones that are preferred for such a nice comforter?
I've been using Molton Brown's Black Pepper Body Wash for a long time now and although it's good stuff and I always get compliments on it, I need a change. Anyone have recommendations of stuff that is just as good if not better than this stuff? Please don't post bar soaps from the local drugstore.
Quote: Originally Posted by lee_44106 I've seen similar silver bracelets for sell at many of the jewery kiosks at any run-of-the-mill malls. I think it's a bit much for a man to wear, but would be nice and functional if one uses it as a medical condition bracelet. My opinion of the Tiffany silver jewery is that it is overpriced goods for the material. I purchased a silver necklace with the trademarked Tiffany locking mechanism, for my wife, only to see...
I really want to get an ID bracelet like the one below, but before I go to Tiffany's to get one are there any things I should take into consideration? I know nothing about fine jewelry. I would like to get something silver vs. gold. Platinum and white gold are also options but I don’t know if they are too expensive. Basically I guess I would like to know what’s best and then what’s close to that (aka affordable). Should I checkout a particular jeweler?