or Connect

Posts by brainchild

Price includes shipping ConUS. Rest of north America +$10. Rest of world +$15. Size medium. Chest 44", center-back sleeve length 33", length 24". Made in Hawick, Scotland, perhaps by William Lockie (they make most of BS's sweaters, though I am not aware that Lockie stocks v-neck cable knits). Same product shown here, in different colors: http://www.bensilver.com/Cashmere-Rib-and-Cable-V-neck-Sweaters,20275.html Available in three colors: 1) pale lavender 2) hot...
I truly think Paul Stuart is the best men's clothing store in America today. They have an enormous selection of everything, and that includes braces, over-the-calf socks, bowties, pocket squares, and everything else you thought had vanished. Beyond that, they still stock shirts in every sleeve length, and jackets and suits in more than just three lengths.
Well, as one who always preferred viewing the woman take her natural gait over seeing her wobble along on her toes, I wish there were more elegant low-heel and mid-heel shoes, and more women who chose to wear them. Society has convinced women that they have a choice between sneakers and high heels, and I think both options are lousy.
I would be grateful if someone could expand on this advice, as I have no experience either washing or blocking a cashmere sweater. To this point, I have only had them cleaned, and I was under the impression that blocking requires a special device.
I just acquired an excellent vintage cashmere sweater by way of eBay. It is Alan Paine, apparently when they still manufactured in England. It is of a thick yarn with no visible pilling, and generally in excellent condition except that it has a texture I can best describe as wavy. It would appear to have lost its shape after washing. What is the best way to restore such a lovely piece to an even more lovely state?
Hackett's version of Fair Isle knitwear. Italian made of soft Geelong wool. Mens small. Mostly gray tones with very slight amounts of tan. Chest 37", height 23-1/2".
What can I say about this sweater? It is very lovely and certainly unique. It is knitted in a Fair Island technique featuring contemporary patterns and blue, yellow, green, gray, and black colors. 80% merino wool, 20% cashmere. Italy. Mens large. Paul Smith. Chest 40", center-back sleeve length 35", height 28". Retails $830. Yours, new with tags, for much, much less. Price includes shipping within ConUS.