or Connect

Posts by brainchild

Ok. Thank you for the correction in spelling.
Title says it all. How do you use your Sapphire products t o care for your (calfskin) shoes?
Of what qualities? I'm puzzled that it's not obvious. Of the qualities that distinguish sought-after shoes from mediocre ones: Durability of the soles, fineness of the uppers, neatness of the stitching, appeal of the antiquing, and so on. It's not just a question of models. It's also a question of quality and value. For example, AS Exclusive and C&J Handgrade both have channeled soles, but the former is $100 cheaper. Where do they make up the cost?
Canvassed vs. fused. Welted vs. cemented. Split waistband vs. "jean construction" These are all distinctions that our fathers' fathers new quite well, but almost noone today has any knowledge of them. Now, everyone I know seems to think $50 will buy you an amazing pair of trousers and $120 will fetch you the finest shoes how can own. We seem to have lost knowledge and interest in a very short amount of time. As a young person who can't remember it happening, I want to...
No knowledge of HK, but Rosen & Chadick in NYC, as I recall, sells Tom Mason fabric from swatch books.
Thoughts on the three-way comparison?
drop
Price includes shipping ConUS. Rest of north America +$10. Rest of world +$15. Size medium. Chest 44", center-back sleeve length 33", length 24". Made in Hawick, Scotland, perhaps by William Lockie (they make most of BS's sweaters, though I am not aware that Lockie stocks v-neck cable knits). Same product shown here, in different colors: http://www.bensilver.com/Cashmere-Rib-and-Cable-V-neck-Sweaters,20275.html Available in three colors: 1) pale lavender 2) hot...
I truly think Paul Stuart is the best men's clothing store in America today. They have an enormous selection of everything, and that includes braces, over-the-calf socks, bowties, pocket squares, and everything else you thought had vanished. Beyond that, they still stock shirts in every sleeve length, and jackets and suits in more than just three lengths.
Well, as one who always preferred viewing the woman take her natural gait over seeing her wobble along on her toes, I wish there were more elegant low-heel and mid-heel shoes, and more women who chose to wear them. Society has convinced women that they have a choice between sneakers and high heels, and I think both options are lousy.