or Connect

Posts by obsessis

I think I wear and 11 in desert boots and desert treks and 10.5 in wallabees. I need to get the larger size for the extra width since they don't make wide sizes. Anyone with wide feet might want to take that into consideration.
Quote: Originally Posted by Arethusa Any good reason to pick one over the other? Price, availability. The Obenauf's was easy to apply, you have to rub your finger over it a couple of times to let your body heat slightly melt the balm to a more oily composition. You can let it sit in the sun or microwave/hair dry it to let it melt down into a waxy oil if you'd like. I kind of liked the hardness of it. It is easy to use without using too...
Quote: Originally Posted by headtowall Scroll up. As for the Obenauf thing, I have Pecards. Will that cut it? Pecard's is very similar......obenauf's is more like a balm, it is very hard/you can't push your finger into it like you can Pecard's. I have both and both have pretty much the same ingredients.
Quote: Originally Posted by Amory Any opinions on the Desert Khan? It's like the desert boot as a shoe. I went into the Clarks store today to get desert boots in beeswax. They were unavailable so I picked up these, I figure they will be more useful in summer anyway. Good alternative to suede bucks? I think they look nice. I love the clarks beeswax leather, it ages wonderfully.
chucks are a classic. i think older guys look fine wearing them.....considering they probably wore them when they were kids. if younger people think you look goofy or trying to hard to be 'hip' you can tell them that you were wearing them before they were born.
Quote: Originally Posted by morse9443 Those are in need of an application of Obenaufs LP. Stat. http://www.obenaufs.com/product_info...94bb8f192c25bb obenauf's is great. I recently got some pecard's and some sno-seal. both of them are more like a 'gel' than a 'balm' like obenauf's. I think obenauf's would be easier to apply in a sense that you wouldn't be as likely to over-apply the conditioner. pecard's and sno-seal seem like they'd...
That site went downhill when they changed their forum format. I'm glad to see more people posting here but it's easier to get someones help with a question over there.
I'm planning on ordering a pair of GT's and would like your guys' suggestions with sizing. I have a pair of the 875's that I love, 10.5 E. I could fit into the regular width, D, and stretch it out a bit to make it fit. My toes have plenty of room, aren't scrunched up in the toebox. Everyone says to size down since they are long but I want to make sure the width would still be OK if I ordered a 10.
I have multiple pairs of clarks wallabees, desert treks and desert boots.....lots of styles that date back to when they were made in Ireland. I absolutely love the Clarks Originals line......all the shoes are dope and look great with jeans.
I don't think you need to apply conditioner 3 times over 4 months, i guess it depends how good the conditioner is / how the leather feels. you should be able to tell by touch and sight that the leather needs to be moisturized. I'm planning on ordering a pair of GT's and would like your guys' suggestions with sizing. I have a pair of the 875's that I love, 10.5 E. I could fit into the regular width, D, and stretch it out a bit to make it fit. My toes have plenty of room,...