or Connect

Posts by Porkpie

That's very different. I like it
Not really. In an earlier part of this thread I mentioned that I rarely have paid regular price for any of them except some MTM. I know when to shop and when the price is right. When it's right I may buy 10-20 at a time. That's all. I have sold several shirts as I don't wear them enough, but I still have a nice collection. I have also given a way a ton also just to be a blessing. Everyone has their vices, mine happens to be shirts (one of them anyway). I have...
chijen (& Tried and True) very good points about Charvet. Chijen you are dead on about earth tones. I absolutely love earth tones so that may be a big draw towards Isaia and Kiton. I will eventually try Charvet as it gives me an opportunity to try a different end of the spectrum. My closet is starting to look similar so I look at Charvet as an option to broaden the spectrum. So I definitely think trying them out and placing an order of about 5 shirts soon and giving...
You know that has been my main hesitation, but there are so many people on the forum that love and adore their shirts that it make you want to try them. I like Lorenzini shirts and they are machine made, but you are correct. That's a nice piece of change to pay and then be disappointed. I like the movement of handwork in a shirt, but as I have read in other threads it's not the be all end all. What brands do you wear Tried & True?
I gotta add this, Finamore makes a GREAT shirt. I mean a GREAT shirt . I only have two, but they are awesome. Marol as well, but most of the time when you see a Marol shirt they are decked out with weird collars/designs. If you can find a normal pattern Marol, it's an excellent shirt as well.
I love the collar on Isaia shirts and I love their color combinations. I know a lot of people on the forum don't do much with the colors, but I do. Very similar to Kiton they embrace color. Kiton's big advantage is handwork and exclusive fabrics that you won't see anywhere else. When the fabric is gone for a particular shirt it's gone and you won't see it again or anywhere else. Kiton has a ton of collar options too, but you only see those if it's MTM etc. I have a...
chijen you inspired me to actually take a look at what I have to some degree. So here it is: Isaia- 111 Kiton- 45 Borrelli- 9 Truzzi- 6 Fray- 5 (I don't like the NM version with the flaps on the bottom of the shirt RLPL-6 Finamore- 2 Marol- 1 I have sold a lot of stuff and plan on eventually getting rid of more shirts as my wife thinks I have too many. I think everything going forward will be bespoke or MTM as I have specific needs verses catching something at a good...
Not so my friend. I'm not crazy. I may not post on SF much but I do read and understand the value of bespoke. I just know where and when to shop. I have only paid more than $350 for any of my Kiton shirts and that was a must have. I've purchased at least 20 Kiton shirts from Lance@VCH alone. $350 is probably the max I would pay for an RTW shirt regardless to the maker.
This thread has made me feel or should I say realize I have a shirt problem. I have about 50 Kiton shirts and another 50 Isaia shirts alone. Sprinkled in are Borrelli, Fray, Truzzi, Lorenzini, RLPL, and Finnamore. I own 1 Marol shirt also.
Up for grabs are a beautiful pair of DiBianco custom handmade Scotch Grain Giallo Okra size 13E. Retails for $1500. Selling at below cost to move at $650.00. $600 Excellent deal for the right person. These shoes are NIB and never worn. Norvegese stitching is a matching tonal color. Absolutely beautiful finish and patina! Can be worn in any environment work or casual. Feel free to PM me with any questions. Shipping- $15.00 CONUS Outside the US, please PM for...