or Connect

Posts by maufic

I just purchased 3 canali dress shirts for about $65 each, in addition to the two I already own. At that price I think they are very nice shirts. I hear a lot of talk about the fixed collar stays, but that doesn' t really bother me.
I think the first thing is for the OP to educate himself so he can find the deals. Once you've done that you can find many suits on ebay, B&S forum and thrift shops and you will be able to tell if they are authentic by asking some simple questions and looking at pics of the labels, suit etc. It doesn't really take that much time to educate yourself. In the last 6 months I have been able to find a couple of Hickey Freemans mainline and a RLBL for around $200 each and an...
PM sent
Lived in NYC for three years. I thought it was overrated.
Quote: Originally Posted by Flambeur Honestly.. this is just plain idiotic. When I joined this board I just tried to hang out, learn, listen, etc. For the first couple hundred posts I was polite and tried to understand the dynamics of this community and all that. Now there are like a hundred noobs, all with way less than a 100 posts, and they are all fucking testy as hell, no respect at all. Let me give you some examples, just from today: NOOB...
I need to store some of my close for about a year and my only option is to store them in a storage unit. My concern is storing some suits I have recently purchased. I don't want to store these suits in any kind of box (folded) as I am sure this will damage them. I have been thinking of buying a canvas storage closet with cedar panels and hanging the suits on cedar hangers to keep moths away. I am wondering if I should be conernced about rodents. Will they likely chew...
Toronto is not that much better for suits. I would also recommend looking online, once you know your measruements. Check out STP. With duties and delivery, using one of there coupons, I was able to get an Isaia for about $550 CDN. They also have Samuelsohn's for a decent price.
Quote: Originally Posted by sonick Wow, bitter are we? What have I said to provoke this hostile of response? Personally, I don't give a damn about Toronto, I am indifferent; nor do I know exactly why other Canadians 'hate' Toronto either. I really don't know why you getting are so worked up over this Perhaps its just one of those "in-vogue" things that people do to be/feel Canadian, whether there's a reason or not (like repeatedly gay-bashing Conne...
Quote: Originally Posted by sonick Well considering Vancouver regularly tops Toronto as the world's best city to live in/best quality of life (actually Vancouver has jumped back to #1 in the latest 2008 survey for the most livable city in the world), so I don't think that is much of an issue. The rest of Canada just loves to hate on Toronto. If Vancouver is "the best" city to live in Canada, than you should be happy with that. Why do you guys...
Quote: Originally Posted by sonick They don't even bother bashing the Leafs (everybody already knows they suck), rather they are bashing big media and the corporations, and the sense of entitlement Toronto/Torontonians have because they are the 'capital' of Canada. I would think that instead of bashing Toronto these people would be more interested in improving the cities they live in. They are the type of people who make themselves feel better...