or Connect

Posts by maufic

Quote: Originally Posted by bc78 Lets try to get this back on track. http://shoes.about.com/od/fitcomfort/ss/measurefeet.htm Try something like this to get your sizing. Very useful. Thanks.
I have been to these sites. I was hoping to find a North American distributor. I couldn't find how much shipping from the U.K. would be?
Looking for a good place to buy Crocket & Jones online. Any advice?
Quote: Originally Posted by acidicboy Common Faults of People Trying to Dress Well? People who think just because they dress well they are better persons. +1
Quote: Originally Posted by tomjonesrocks Looks like you have to involve eBay to get a deal on AE? Would like to avoid eBay if possible and am not considering preowned for this so I guess I've ruled that out. Thanks again! Amazon has some good deals on AEs.
Quote: Originally Posted by Mike C. I always say that if the best thing you got out of college is a good job, then you missed the bigger picture. College is about exploring the world and taking in culture while finding yourself in the process. I'm quick to dismiss someone who says, "I don't need college, or college is a waste of money." No offence but that is such a load of shit. "exploring the world and taking in culture while...
Quote: Originally Posted by principal Which AE ones specifically? you'll have to check to see which styles you like but I got a pair of Manhattan's for about $160. A brown pair of Park Avenue's are roughly the same price. The Hale's and Soho's are about $220. These are all perfectly acceptable shoes to wear with a suit. If you'd like to pick up a pair of rubber soled shoes the Perry's are about $130. Mind you these are all priced in US dollars...
Quote: Originally Posted by Reckoner One of my suits costs your entire wardrobe (i.e. all that stuff you're looking to buy altogether right now). (note: sorry I didn't read)
For shoes amazon has some Allen Edmonds with are prices that are hard to beat. AE are good shoes and very comfortable. I've never tried Alden but people on this board speak very highly about them, although as far as price you may have better luck on amazon with the AE's. If you want to get some decent suits try some on at local stores (Harry Rosen, Holt) to see what you like and what your size is and then try STP and ebay. I also hear that Samuelsohns are regularly on...
For shoes amazon has some really good prices on Allen Edmonds that are hard to beat. If you want to get some decent suits try some on at local stores (Harry Rosen, Holt) to see what you like and what your size is and then try STP and ebay.