or Connect

Posts by TC (Houston)

Now that the novelty of my RG DDII has begun to wear off and I'm wearing other watches, the watch that's getting the second most wrist time is my Big Pilot. I almost traded it last year against the purchase of a YG GMTII, but didn't like the deal so hung onto it--very glad I did. The watch is big and beautiful. I have fairly large wrists and I feel like it works well for me, but it is very much a casual/weekend piece because of its size. You'll just have to try it and...
+1, Congrats Keith, looks amazing!I had lunch with a watch enthusiast who told me he had just learned how to swap the bezel inserts on his GMT and that with the assistance of a certain tool it was relatively straight forward. You might try doing a search over at the rolex forums, I'm sure it is covered in detail somewhere there.
+1 what's the holdup?!
I hate to discourage anyone from kopping a RO, it's such an awesome watch. I wore mine yesterday for the first time in a while--pictures just do not do it justice, it's brilliant in the metal. But for sports or very active daily wear, I don't think it makes a lot of sense. Unless of course you just really don't give a phuck, a la Frilly. LOL
I can't imagine wearing a Royal Oak swimming or for similar activities. Notwithstanding the water resistance, those brushed surfaces are very easily scratched/scuffed and it will require a trip back to AP to be properly polished. Just not worth the risk IMHO.
Getting caught up after a being gone a few days. I fully support gold.
Well please don't take my statement as any lack of enthusiasm for all ranges of watches posted and discussed here. I just find the AP/Patek etc. pics and discussion particularly interesting because I rarely encounter them outside of the forum.
LMFAO Are we seriously criticizing or questioning members for posting pics of their watches in a watch appreciation thread? I for one wish there were more pics, especially of the higher end pieces.
I have roughly 7.25" wrists and feel exactly the same way, except that I do wear the 46mm Big Pilot comfortably and while the case size is larger than the PAM, don't think it wears much larger if at all.
In other news, all packed up for a little watch geek lunch today . . .