or Connect

Posts by tahonng

Tech start-up. It's all a gamble really, might as well gamble on yourself.
The leather on the newest edition of the jacket's probably the best I've seen. I don't like the addition of canvas, though, as well as the buttoning system.
The orange is actually a nod to the original painted hood on the jacket it draws inspiration from. Originally it's a really bright yellow, so that it'd be easier to spot it when the wearer was lost at sea (or elsewhere). This one's an overpainting, and it's supposed to peel off pretty easily, to give it a distressed look.So you think a size up would work for someone with slim jeans and even skinnier legs? That's part of what I'm debating with. Until I see it on, it's such...
This bad boy: Nigel Cabourn Coastal Command Jacket. Here's the dilemma: the line I've got is it's a size 50, with a 24" chest, 22.5" from the inside. I usually wear a size 38 and this is a size 50 (think that translates into a size 40 in US sizing). I've always liked military/military inspired leather jackets, and the shearling makes it really attractive to me, because I get cold easily in the winter, but, I could probably get an ANJ-4 (photo from lostworldsinc.com) or...
Thanks for confirming. I have a M in reserve in one of the stores, so I'll make sure to get that.
Anybody get the M. Nii sherpa jacket and can comment on the sizing? They only have the small online, which, in Gap tees, I fit, but from the measurements, look like they're too small.
Curious - specifically wax, or would a cream be all right? Was looking at Saphir shoe cream, specifically.
Just bought a second hand pair of APC navy derbies. It's looking a bit faded, not quite navy anymore. Granted it could be the lighting, but I wanted to know if there was anything I could do to darken it back up. Oh, I also cleaned it up with some leather cleaner, and some of the dye looks to have come off. EDIT: second not send.
Wish this was the navy one. Excellent-looking jacket, nonetheless.
PM'd