or Connect

Posts by rs232

Common in most places with historical ties to the UK. Agree that there is too much cuff sensitivity in North America.
I have converse experience. Here are some garments that I made from linen intended for upholstery - brown 700g linen suit, and green 700g linen trousers. (Please ignore the fronts of the coat, I'm still making pattern adjustments to my draft). It'sere extremely comfortable, and looks great - the extra weight hangs divinely, and the high heat conductivity and porosity of linen means that it still wears cooler than wool. So, having shopped around a bit among...
I always figured that, for the retail price of a KW, you may as well go for a Hober and get the your exact dimensions/length. I've got a KW 8cm tip, but it's skinny at the knot - doesn't dimple that easily. However, it's still quality lining, so it will dimple with a little care, and drapes well. Now, Charles Tyrwhitt grenadines, on the other hand, need to be relined after you pull them out of the cellophane - stiff and lifeless. So getting back to the OP's original...
Does anyone have any information on any of the cotton shirting mills in Hamamatsu or Niomon? I'm trying to find out about modern broadcloth weavers in Japan, but am having trouble turning up anything.
I had been following her for a while on la vraie chemise sur mesure, but wasn't aware that she was taking customers! Apart from the armholes, it doesn't look like there is sufficient ease across the upper back and possibly rear sleeves at the shoulders, and I think the shirt would pull if you tried to lean forward. The wrinkles at the front can be helped by darting at the yoke and front seam, as well as by fixing the scyes (as you mentioned). Overall, the balance looks...
I don't see why everyone's writing off the tie. Simply unpick the slip stitch and tacks (and the rolled tips, if they're ruined too), press the whole piece of silk flat, and then resew it back together. I've done this a few times on filthy ties that needed cleaning and replacement lining.
This should answer your question:
I was pretty disappointed when I got a few CT grenadines recently. They're still in the box they came in, stiff as a board. I'll have to reline them with a decent interlining when I gt time - the silk and dimensions are nice enough, but the interlining is just awful. Worst draping tie I've ever handled, bar none - and I've been bored in plenty of airport shops...
Yep, PM sent on it (hope I'm first)
Hello masters, I'd love a right-between-the-eyes critique of this suit so I can improve next time. There are obvious defects such as the sleeves being too short, the lumpy shoulder, and the pulling on the front button, but I'm most interested in the excess "chestyness" at the lower pectoral/underarm that is rippling, and the collar which wants to sit away from the shirt collar. Are the fronts set too "wide" apart (i.e. the back is too wide at the collar)? Oh, and I...