or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:

Posts by rs232

Click for large size. Executed alterations as marked in red from previous post. The problem was largely the disproportionate suppression distribution on the front versus the back, and that the back was 1cm too long just above where the ribcage ends. Also shrunk out the blobby bit between the upper shoulder blades. Going to sew up the side and start working on paring down the scye and installing the sleeve.
(Click for larger version) Unhemmed. Pockets are all cut and made (though wrinkled and in need of pressing), lapels padded. Sleeve cut and pinned on for fun with big inlays, but of no real use until I get the scye 100% firm. Shoulders are still wide, but I'm reluctant to cut the inlay off before I resolve the back problems. Trouble is, when I let the back out, to try to eliminate wrinkles, I look like a giant cylinder because the back no longer conforms to the lumbar...
Never used their mohairs but the worsted flannels are great, and very keenly priced. And it's just "Harrisons Burley".
Almost there.
Do you have the outsole measurements? I'm a little confused between the EU and UK translation - to me it seems a size out on that website.
Compared to the previous suit, I did a completely new draft. The previous one was based on a T&C from the seventies, and never really fit at the front (due to my lack of fitting skill, surely). This current one is just based on what I think is sensible for my body type. I just measured about 20 different lengths and circumferences and drew it up, trying to distribute suppression evenly around everywhere. Got the balance and darts completely wrong, and the back still looks...
I've made about five coats before and about twenty pairs of trousers, so I'm comfortable with the sewing process. The fit of them left a bit to be desired though - the last one was that grey birdseye.Thanks for the balance tip. The line chalked above the hem was the original hem on the draft - I tend to just leave it until I sort out the rest of the fitting issues. The lines on the canvas lapels are 1cm x 10cm darts + silesia - I always put small darts on the canvas at the...
Thanks Chris. Yes, I'm making it. I have attempted to change a few things (let the fronts out at the shoulders, reduced shoulder inlays to 1cm, basted darts properly. Still having problems with the back - I fiddled with the scye a little, but I think it's still causing drags. Here's a brightened shot in better light - can't zoom out enough for full length in the small room. Still raining outside; I'll try to do proper shots tomorrow. Overlap/wrap is 13cm edge to edge. I've...
Chris, I'd be grateful for any initial impressions of this first baste. I've got big, big inlays everywhere (3-4cm). Center and waist lines are marked on fronts. Back is pinned in the middle to try to take away some of what I believe is excess. I know everyone says sorry for the crap pics, but I really am. It's charcoal flannel, and the best-lit room in the house while it buckets down outside. I'll try to take better ones tomorrow. I'm thinking of taking the back in a...
Sanders tan monks, nominal size is 9.5 UK. Goodyear welt, all leather sole, insole, lining, and upper. Stacked leather heel. Nominal size is 9.5UK, but runs large. New in plain box. Marked "seconds", probably due to a little rubbing of the leather at the heel (don't know what it was rubbing on), and a small gouge at the instep where the welt finishes. The heel should polish back to normal without much fuss. See pics. Sizing: 315mm x 115mm Size marked is 9.5UK, = 10.5US....
New Posts  All Forums: