or Connect

Posts by rs232

Across the chest.
Quote: Originally Posted by JayJay I've spent quite a bit of time in Split, Croatia. The height of many, if not most, of the males there is quite noticeable. Although I've observed this in other areas of Croatia, it seemed more pronounced in Split. Really? It didn't catch my attention. Same height and weight as Pierce Brosnan back in his goldeneye days
I remember him some television program he featured on about a year ago. (It was on rich people's toys). The thing that struck me was that he doesn't really make classically-styled shoes at all. On the other hand, if you want something that's casual/weird looking ...
I liked it back in the day when navy was navy and blue was blue.
I believe you refer to oxblood? Not sure what "true navy" is (can someone post a pic of a fausse navy jacket to explain?), but both work. Depends on shirt and tie.
Cellulose acetate (rayon) is a weak fibre, so I don't think either choice overly lends itself to durability (indeed, I'd probably choose silk). Jaquard satin weave variants are popular. In silk's case, habotai has a plain weave. And knowing habotai, I can't imagine that it would be that much warmer.
I don't know why people beat up tonal ties. Silver, black, and white combinations are my favourite! Nothing compliments a navy double-breasted suit better!
Drape seems to be taken in this context to be cutting and tailoring such that manipulation of darts and the canvas bias to afford a little slack in some areas. Which can be true, but I think it's more of an aesthetic effect than a technical method of manufacture. Consider dressmaking, where elegant drape is created by (among other things): Cutting the fabric on the bias Choosing the correct weight fabric Choosing a style of cut that allows the fabric to drape...
Not a true balmoral, but I black balmoral at short notice is hard work. Classic, and stylish.
Due to pinstripes being such a business staple, I think they tend not to complement suits outside the business environment. Likewise solid black with formalwear. Together, though, they have a striking effect. I have a bolt of black with rust double-pinstripe that is intended for a DB power suit. The black is a bluer shade, to avoid an unflattering green-red combination.