or Connect

Posts by rs232

Quote: Originally Posted by Benjamin E. Why would forward pleats be harder? The direction of the pleat can easily be changed and thus its direction shouldn't have any bearing on the difficulty of this operation. If you mean that it's harder to bring oneself to ruin a pair of forward pleated pants like that, then I'm in total agreement. Wrong. And they say blokes have spatial intelligence! You want your pleat edges to end up at a certain...
Quote: Originally Posted by Andrie In regional areas goods and services tend to be much cheaper than in major cities such as Sydney. Buying property out of big cities is significantly cheaper... False, and irrelevant. $50K isn't even going to get you kennel.
^ You have to have some angle when writing these articles. Man-bashing sells, and has been selling well for the last two decades. I don't mind it - makes people less likely to anticipate you sailing past with a big grin on your face.
This thread is not about tax evasion. It is about asset protection. If I settle assets on trust in my country of residence, the trust will (generally) be taxed at a higher rate than my income tax bracket, or alternatively, the tax bill will be attributed to me. This is why it must be an offshore trust. Additionally, many OECD countries attribute controlled foreign entity income and capital gains to settlors, so if you're going to live in one of those countries, you can...
I've never been in a situation where I had a "must have" skill set. (i.e. someone is going to have big problems if they don't fill the role and they're having a hard time getting any quality prospects). So, I've generally had to put up with what I've been offered. In my experience, letting them name a range first generally yields 75-105% of market value, and then they try to appoint at the 90% salary mark and expect you to feel pleased that you were in the upper half of...
Mmm, I'm starting to look around at the various professional trust services available. Obviously I'm trying to keep the ownership vehicle, income, and my residence in different places. Thanks for the suggestion about Panama; I hadn't previously considered private interest foundations.
I'm not a US citizen, get taxed according to my country of residence, and derive a fair portion of my income from capital gains (which are treated differently for tax purposes than "earned" income in many parts of the world). Consequently, I'm deliberately living in a country that does not tax such gains. I'm thinking of setting up an asset protection trust. Is there a particularly attractive jurisdiction that: Does not tax foreign income or foreign capital...
Weigh the trousers. There isn't much variation in trimmings in RTW.
I read the French document. Haven't looked at the English one. I have not read a section that states not to wash or iron your shirts yourself. The document does give this advice in regard to the UBS-issue tie, though. Most of those articles are just journalists latching on to a good story and turning it into a joke. It really is an innocuous presentation guide that, sadly, is necessary these days. You would think "don't wear miniskirts if you work in retail banking"...
If it's got to be a day date, here's an instant improvement (Get rid of the jewels on the face): These seem to be staples: