or Connect

Posts by Wildsmith

I agree.......One must learn to overcome the issues one has no control over........ As my earlier threads may or may not have made clear in my drought of dignity........I do wish the new Wildsmith every success. My stubbornness and pride wrongfully got the better of me..... Having visited the Wildsmith showroom, I was pleased to see a continuation of an age old family brand and I did feel a sense of nostalgia seeing the name up on the wall! I did want to purchase a pair...
What are you missing? A sense of good old English pride, that's what! No attempt was made to keep a family run business off at least 166 years standing within the family. I'm sure, unless you have been in the same situation you couldn't possibly understand. Wildsmith men have put love, sweat and *sole into that business and ended their days on the shop floor keeping it going for the upcoming generations. I was named after the founder with the view that my future would be...
Perhaps if you took time to read my previous comments on this thread you'd know you were talking out of the wrong part of your body... Plus M. Wildsmith & Sons was founded in 1847.......not 'Wildsmith'.......where is the continuity....
Hi Tim, Thank you. I think from an outsiders view, they think I'm just throwing my toys out of my pram because things haven't gone my way. But it's about so much more than that! If you look at companies house it doesn't say Wildsmith....Registered 1847........also the colour scheme seems to have been lifted from John Lobb......just an observation.... The one thing I can have a little comfort is all the historical document and leather boots made by Wildsmith in the good...
It's interesting how they have change from using the' Royal We' and are referring to 'Original Wildmith' instead of implying they are the same business....incidentally that's not way to obtain a Royal Warrant, having an old ledger insert in your gallery of an HRH.....As to John Wildsmiths 'integral' role on 'the board' a marketing gimmick I'm sure, although I do not understand why you would have someone who was 'integral' to the demise of the original business in the...
Why woulden't you put Wildsmith loafer...instead of Model 98.......Lies, all lies
I'd like to know how they can boast Established in 1847? Surely as the company was only registered recently with no family involvement and, let's face it, producing lesser quality products of that of the original brand? Also they're just called Wildsmith....not Wildsmith & Co.........I'm sure there is some legal technicality that I am unaware of.... Giving that I work in The Burlington Arcade I couldn’t resist walking down Savile Row to view the plaque that appeared...
^^ No Heel regret it in the long run, that way i'll have the upper hand!
I have no real quarrels with the ‘new Wildsmith’ other than that they are trading on what would have been 6 generations of Wildsmith ethos, perhaps we won’t count the last proprietor, under a modern perspective. The way I see it, it’s a firm calling themselves Wildsmith selling shoes as opposed to a firm selling ‘Wildsmith Shoes’. I have seen a sign on their Facebook (on Savile Row?) which says WILDSMITH ESTD. 1847. Should it not read “Wildsmith ESTD 2013…….??” My grounds...
I think, in reality it was probably destroyed from 1995 onwards.......