or Connect

Posts by daspianist

Cute picture. For something that's vintage inspired, and would go nicely with your gf's hair colour, but with a touch of formality, I'd recommend this dress. In general, I find that Tory Burch to have occasionally very inspired designed. One of my favorite collections of her's happen to be this one - so check their website often. (Am I even in the ballpark with these recommendations? I hope you are not shaking your head in disdain ) For something more casual, but...
I think you read the bolded text in my statement and skipped the rest."Dressing well" is a relative state that derives from comparisons to others - an individual in a black suit is dressed well compared to a person in t shirts and gym shoes, but I doubt he'd be considered well dressed by members on this forum.What confidence could be gained from the relative state of being "dressed well", then, need first to exist intrinsically - and hence my advice to the gentleman who...
Have confidence. Its the most important factor when it comes to cultivating a personal style - in any style you identify with. People wear t shirts and shorts not because they do not want to be stylish, but because they have little confidence in their sense of style (as good or bad as it may be) and often rely on significant others, friends, sales people, or individuals whom they perceive to be more authoritative on the subject to direct them on their wardrobe...
Please be considerate of those who browse SF from the office when you post image such as these. Thanks.
This thread has full potentiality for flawless victory. On topic, then:I regard Polo as a genius move by Ralph Lauren. He positioned it as a semi-diffusion line based on the (original) stylistic inspiration for his upper tier clothes, but filled its catalog with numerous design overlaps between Polo (especially for women), and the more prestigious Collection-type labels. No other label does this as successfully and seamlessly as Ralph Lauren (think Prada and Miu Miu,...
What about dark navy ink, which under some lights (florescent, especially) could be construed as black? Would a garment color of such semblance to black be also viewed negatively upon here? Just curious, since while I marginally dislike black, I do fancy a navy ink suit someday.
Before I embark on purchasing a nice pair of cap toe shoes, I'd appreciate your opinion on this matter. I have read somewhere (I believe it was from Bernhard Roetzel's "Gentleman") that, in more sartorially inclined cultures, brown shoes are not appropriate for many occasions, including work (even on Fridays). While such guidelines are certainly not adhered to in my current workplace (hello black pants + brown shoes), I'd still like to be informed about these practices...
The flurry of activities some 8 months after this was posted is crazy. Musicguy is right, it seems this is not the pair worn by Colin Firth in A Single Man. The only pair of TF5040s, unfortunately, is now worn by me... and I probably won't part (its worn, after all) unless something quite interesting is being offered. Cheers!
Price dropped to $160 from $180.
These attractive black loafers were given to me as a gift that was ordered online. However, I am relinguishing them as they do not look good on my feet, and I was not given any gift recepits to directly exchange or return the item ("I'm sure they'll look great on you." so says the confident friend). I hope you will be able to put them to better use and wear. Full name: Tod's Mocassino New City Chic Uomo Color: Black. With Tod's "T" logo discreetly imprinted on top of...