or Connect

Posts by captainmo

Quote: Originally Posted by chronoaug You're right. A normal slim build will never be good. Better bulk up for no reason! I'm not suggesting he try to pack on 40 pounds. A light work out schedule (~45 minutes a day, 3 days a week) with a decent diet will put on 10-15 pounds pretty quickly. I'm 5' 9" and went from 140 to 150 in 2 months (with a drop in body fat, so about +15 pounds of muscle). It was a huge difference, with not a lot of work....
Start working out and eating a lot. You're really skinny, and will have a hard time finding clothes that fit well without putting on some weight.
Quote: Originally Posted by Master-Classter Wow, I think I actually know this one! For teh same reason as some people dry their hands with paper towel and then use it to open the door (all those people who don't wash have dirty hands and touch the handle). So, if it's a manual flush urinal, he might be using/holding the paper towel to flush the handle, seeing as how everyone who touches it has just touched penis right before... In some...
I have a pair of APC Rescues waiting for me when I get home from college. The waist should be the right size, since I had bought one pair that didn't fit and sized down 2 from there - with the 1st pair I pinched all the extra fabric when I was wearing them and measured. Anyway, I'm probably going to need them hemmed - I usually wear about a 32" inseam for the correct fit in pants/khakis....no stacking, but when I'm standing the back falls near my heel, so they're long...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jodum5 All of my casual button up shirts are Jcrew. I buy a medium but they are still too long and baggy so I have them taken in at the sides, add darts to the back and are shortened/cropped. Usually costs about ~$30 per shirt. If you buy the shirts on sale that comes to about ~$50 per shirt. They come overy well and are decent quality. Maybe try buying a small?
Gotcha....I read it more as a "dumb ass, you're not getting a job" I'm interviewing with a different HR person first, then 5 different engineers. I guess in some situations (smaller company with lots of HR/manager interaction) it could be an issue, but I don't really see any problem with asking here. The only suit I have now is a dark navy suit with very narrow pinstripes. Are pinstripes alright, or should I look into renting a plain navy/black suit?
Quote: Originally Posted by FIHTies Yah. Casual for EMPLOYEES/Management. Business Dress for Interviewees. I wonder just how badly you screwed up your chance at this job by simply asking that question. She is in HR. I'm interviewing for an engineering internship. I'm not even interviewing with her. Just a guess, but I think that the engineering managers that I'm interviewing with are much more concerned with my engineering abilities than...
I have an interview coming up this Friday. I emailed the HR lady saying "What is the dress code at xyz company? I'm planning to wear a suit, but if business casual is acceptable for an interviewee, I would prefer to wear that." She responded saying "We are business casual, but please keep in mind that this is an interview, so what you would like to wear is your choice" So...suit?
Depends on your build. J crew tailored fit polos fit me really well, so they might be worth checking out. I like the 'repp pique' more than the 'vintage' but repp pique is only online. The fit the same, so you can try on the 'vintage' in store before ordering the repp pique...I'm pretty sure that if you order in store you don't have to pay shipping.
I bought the white Baird McNutt linen shirt from a seller here. Wore it to a cookout the other day with some blue shorts and brown flip flops. I got tons of positive comments.