or Connect

Posts by captainmo

Stopped by my local store and picked up a thermal henley and one of the on sale secret wash button down shirts. The cashier applied the student discount to both items, even though I think the policy is that the student discount only applies to full price items. I also wanted to pick up the sueded crewneck sweater, but they only carried the 'heathered longsleeve crewneck' (I think the sueded one is thicker) instock, and the Red Wing rugged classics. I ordered both of...
If you aren't sure about sizing you could order a couple pairs from zappos of other red wings (the 'classic lifestyle') is pretty similar to the jcrew x RW, and find your sizing that way - free shipping both ways. Or you could go to a RW store if there's one near you. I ordered a pair of 8.5s from Zappos and will be ordering a pair of 8s from jcrew, assuming they have some kind of return policy in case I need to go down to 7.5.
Quote: Originally Posted by Narwhale I don't want to sound like a shill, but I bought some Rugged Classics from ebay. I got them from the seller 'paisleypetunia', who always seems to have pairs in different colors and sizes, including hickory. They're $150-160, which is cheaper than if I had waited for a 20%+shipping sale. They also have a return policy for store credit, which luckily I didn't have to use (I wear an 8 in Clarks DBs and got a 7.5). They...
Quote: Originally Posted by javyn Interesting. Squats hit my ass and quads big time, but my hams not as much. He can always try sumo squats too. But yes, deadlifts are necessary too, right on. If you do full squats (use a lighter weight) where you go as far down as possible - thighs beyond parallel - you work the hams/glutes more. Deadlifts, especially romanian or straight leg will build your hams and glutes. You can also do leg curls if...
Quote: Originally Posted by modern_leifeng This is something I don't understand, J Crew offers something that is identical (or pretty much the same) as the regular item and yet they charge more. The Red Wings seem to be an example, as well as the Barbour coats, the Hunter boots, and their Barracuda. The sole is different between the J crew Red Wings, and the Red Wing Red wings. At first I didn't like the crepe sole on the standard red wings,...
Has anybody seen the red wing classic's in person, or know if regular stores carry them? I can't remember if the J crew by me even has a shoe section. 225-15% student discount = $191.25 If I don't get the J crew red wings I'm probably just gonna go for the red wing classic lifestyle's on zappos for $183.
Are the inspired knockoffs? Zappos lists them under redwing shoes. I was leaning towards them because of the price...but I understand Red Wings last for years in real work settings. I just need something to wear in cold weather with jeans. Also, J crew has a variety of classic boots: http://www.jcrew.com/AST/Browse/Mens...8346/88346.jsp It looks like the only differences are price and the black soles. Hows Red Wing sizing? I've heard to size down, but not...
I'm interested too. Links Classic lifestyle - http://zapp.me/7371513 875 - http://www.redwingshoes.com/productd...px?prodid=1043 Different colors Also, zappos has a RWI-Inspired boots which looks similar - http://zapp.me/7343118. Maybe a little sleeker?
Don't feel like reading through seven pages. I have a few American App Ts in small. The length of the torso and sleeves are good and the shoulder seam is right about where it should be (vertical on my shoulder, not halfway down my upper arm), but the shirts are too tight. Before putting them on, I put my arms inside the body and stretch it out, then put my hands in the sleeves and stretch them out. I also have some Target (merona) white T shirts, that are also a little...
As a recovering skinny bastard, I would like to make a contribution. My first weight training was a 1 semester class sophomore year of high school. Monday Thursday upper body, Tuesday Friday lower body, Wednesday cardio or agility. I don't remember the exact exercises but they were the basic things....squats, bench press, shoulder press, rows, pullups, etc. I went from 5' 8" 118 to ~135. I started working out again after my sophomore year of college. I did a...