or Connect

Posts by captainmo

I have a $50 credit to farinelli's, that I'd like to sell for either $40 (paypal) or trade for clothing. I'm mostly looking for button downs at the moment. I usually wear a small, slim (not super slim though) cut shirt. J crew small fits alright, polo custom fit, etc. I'm 5' 9" ~145 lbs. I'd also consider sweaters or khakis (usually 30 X 31/32).
I have a $50 credit to farinelli's, that I'd like to sell for either $40 (paypal) or trade for clothing. I'm mostly looking for button downs at the moment. I usually wear a small, slim (not super slim though) cut shirt. J crew small fits alright, polo custom fit, etc. I'm 5' 9" ~145 lbs. I'd also consider sweaters or khakis (usually 30 X 31/32).
Thanks for all of the advice. I just called, and said something along the lines of this sounds like a great position, I enjoyed meeting with all of the product managers, and think I would enjoy working with them. However, the salary is a little lower than what I was hoping for, is there anyway I could start at 48 thousand. She said no, that it's a fixed offer that everybody for that position starts at, so I accepted the offer at 46k. She then said it's good I did...
I might be interested. Measurements? Jcrew smalls and Polo custom fit smalls fit me well...do you know what you wear in those brands?
One last question - do I ask the hiring manager or the person from HR? My interview consisted of some time talking to the HR individual, the head of the engineering department, and 3 managers under him, who each have 2-3 people under them at the level I'll be. Obviously, they all had some say in the decision, but I'm not sure where the decision about pay lays.
Quote: Originally Posted by fredfred I've hired and fired for 100K jobs (and more and less). Do NOT ask for more vacation. Their reaction will be WTF? And they will start to doubt that they've made the right decision to hire you. Also asking for 401K stuff is also unusual. Don't do it. It is VERY easy to pull an offer from someone. People are never sure if they are making the right hire. If you give them reason to question it, they...
Quote: Originally Posted by SkinnyGoomba If i was on the other end of the negotiating table I would just give the job to one of the other hundred people who probably also applied. All things considered I would consider yourself lucky and take the job. This is the main reason I'm asking. Here. The way the economy is, I don't really see myself in a position to negotiate, and don't see myself declining the current offer. It's below the average...
I graduated this past May with a degree in Mechanical Engineering. I've had several interviews over the last several months, and got a job offer last week. The offer was for much less than the average starting salary for mechanical engineers. During the initial phone interview the person from HR asked what salary I was expecting. I said that average for Mech Es was around $54,000 (I've seen average starting figures from 52-58 k) and is what I was expecting. She said...
My dad sent me a $100 check for my birthday. I mailed in the check to deposit it - I have USAA so it's online banking. I just logged into my account, and my checking account shows the deposit on the 16th, "(Returned deposit item)" at $100, and a $5 fee. There's a scanned image of the check. It's stamped "return reason - closed account." The stamped check is being mailed back to me. What should I do? I'd feel weird calling and asking for another $100 check. Should...
Quote: Originally Posted by Huntsman Ah! This is my field, and is similar to how I was hired -- OCI, then on-site interviews, then phone interview, then in-person interview. Don't want to post publicly too much, but will shoot you a PM. ~ H Cool. This on-site stuff will be the last round. I'll know by wednesday or thursday if I have the job.