or Connect

Posts by Bhowie

I don't know of any good spiced gins on the market. That's part of it. Rum has been relegated to a lesser spirit category until relatively recently. No one has invested in a good spiced rum. I think you can create a market with the right flavor profile. Gin is also incredibly versatile.
Those spreadsheets won't fill themselves out.
I think that is correct. I think sweetness comes from wood sugars and a larger amount of heads present in a spirit. Ignoring the base of the spirit production b
Urban Cryer.
A lot of the home barrel aging companies offer some stuff to this. I also have no interest in doing a product that is heavy in direct consumer sales.
I don't think it's RS I do believe it's added sugar. I think adding sugar is common for spiced rums. You can serve them here in cordial licensed accounts. I could really see a subtly spiced rum garnering some market share.
Shots fired.
I feel like spiced rum gets a bad name. Someone should come out and make a nice spiced rum. No reason why it can't be on the same quality level as gin, if not slightly more expensive.
I wanted to make a comment on the MrG article, but two people already did. So, I will reluctantly wish him a congratulations.
Go fuck yourself.