or Connect

Posts by Bhowie

Insight, not really. However, you can make drinks that are incredibly palatable to a wide range of drinkers. Especially since the martini is such an odd cocktail. I don't think there is anything that people ingest that is so specified as the martini. People treat the drink like a build your own sand which.You can pick up any random bottle of base spirit vermouth that you've never tasted and have a starting point for making a cocktail. I find using the ratios as a very,...
I do 3:1 as a rule of thumb for all base spirit/vermouth drinks. Just like I start at a 2/.75/.75 ratio for my sour variants.
Oh man! I always heard it was 29, I think Ive been over stirring!!!!
That's a clever trick! Thanks for sharing. What's the craziest thing that happened while you were working?
That sounds amazing!!
What was it like making a living as s mixologist?
100%I was using that as a jump off point to critique what I think is a cocktail myth.There are a few technique things I think people observe that are 100% bullshit.
I don't notice a difference in my cocktails with more pith on the zest. Maybe I drink them too quickly.
I would pick a different cocktail. It's not the easiest to balance. In my opinion a drink that takes as much tinkering as the pegu club is not a very good drink.
I haven't been too active for awhile. I'd rather drink Sherry than a vermouth.I can't believe you've drank that many bottles! We've got very different drinking habits it would seem. At home I drank viuex carres, sour variations, or highballs (Paloma's or scotch and ginger ale).