or Connect

Posts by joseanes

I bought a pair. They are made in Portugal. I like them a lot!
I have similar boots, from Alden... but in the CapToe version. The burgundy one is 9E, while the black one is 9D. I use Tennis Shoe size 9D and dress shoe 9E normally. Both the 9E and the 9D boots fit well. The 9D is snuggier, but comfortable. I think Alden boots fit a bit wider than their shoes - maybe they where expecting thicker socks. The black 9D has a commando sole and looks clunkier, while the 9E burgundy has a double/triple leather sole and looks a bit more...
Use a good iron, one with good steam. Not the black and decker $9.99 cheapie version of Walmart. I use a Rowenta http://www.shoprowenta.com/ and with its good steam it is fairly fast at ironing. Takes a lot less than with a cheapie iron. I also have a commercial grade steamer (same brand). But I use the steamer on wool/silk only. It just doesn't do the job fast enough and good enough on cotton.
THose would be my jacket measurements. I am in between a 36 and a 38. Neither fit.
http://www.cedarvillestore.com/shoe_...shoe_tree.htm# I recently ordered 2 cedarville shoe trees from cedarville store. Their customer service is superb. They already exchanged the trees once (from S to M). I am 9E, and I must say that 9E fits between the two models, so these trees do not fit my shoes perfectly. Rather than sending them back (and loosing shipping both ways again), I am willing to sell them at a slight discount.
Posted on EBAY. Starting Bid $1 + $12 S/H
Bump after reduction to $45 shipped.
Quote: Originally Posted by Sator Aha! That's when I wear my Chelsea boots with the lounge suit. I can get 'em on and off quicker than your lace up Oxford shoes Funny you say that. Nowadays when I travel I prefer to bring one of my chelsea boots. Very easy as you say. The only easier shoe would be a penny loafer, and I do not like penny loafers. I do not own balmoral boots. Would love to get a pair one of these days, if I can...
bump, after price reduction.
For sale. A pair of Allen Edmonds 9EEE Stockbridge. Used, as shown in picture. Shoe trees always used after wearing. Shoe trees in pictures will not be included. Price: $45 shipped to continental US. (Paypal only. Credit cards accepted at paypal). I am selling because they do not fit well in my feet. But they are good otherwise.