or Connect

Posts by bluemagic

Quote: Originally Posted by dune Then why the **** did you have to call it a HJ style cut? It doesn't even look like it. I mean, if you hadn't given it that name, people wouldn't have noticed, and wouldn't have given you shit for it. +1
I agree that they seem to have gotten worse in quality.
It's good that you're already concerned about the decision. It'll ensure that you make it for the right reasons in the end. I also majored in a language/area in college. One thing you might want to think about is that you will just get sick of Russian and Russia. Especially if you ever live there, there is the possibility the same insular concerns and debates, as well as the same things that Russians and outsiders disagree about, may wear down your interest.
Quote: Originally Posted by tonio028 ... ^ Looks great!
Rule 1: Don't talk about clothes IRL.
Quote: Originally Posted by brown eyes If it were my friend, I'd write two recommendations, one positive and one neutral/negative. But before I send the recommendation, I'd sit down with him and talk to him about why I'm doing it. Next I'd tell him, as his friend, that he cannot cut corners, or lie or think about stealing. Then I wait to see what he has to say. If his answer satisfies me, I will send the positive and tear up the neutral/negative one...
Quote: Originally Posted by cimabue Shtup-enomics is over. It's time to roll up the sleeves and start inventing and making things people want to buy; we need a return to industry where dumb men can make a good, honest living and smart men will occupy their brains for the good of all, not just themselves, as we have seen in every sphere of late, most destructively by the polemicists in the media dividing Americans against each other. This ilk need to be...
Quote: Originally Posted by rach2jlc I've learned from experience, both with students and with Chinese friends, to adopt a sort of "don't ask/don't tell" policy related to certain topics. We just don't discuss them, and this largely means we can have a good time and friendly relationship as a result. +1. There's really no other way to do it.