or Connect

Posts by bluemagic

Quote: Originally Posted by Matt lol@niglets edit - does laughing at that make me racist? Maybe, but i'd totally never heard that before. From my understanding, it is a common slur.
Quote: Originally Posted by snowmanxl you want to kop? ^ No thanks. You do look better with glasses, but I thought the glasses were fun, too. Recently, though, I've realized that everyone just looks better without glasses. I will get LASIK soon, as well (had to wait for eyes to heal from some surgery).
I appreciate snowman's glasses.
Quote: Originally Posted by cretaceous_cretin Even if you don't practice law, a law degree can open a large number of doors for you that would not otherwise be opened. Get the law degree. i wish I had pursued that path or Med school. Even if once true, it is *definitely* no longer true, UNLESS you go to Yale, Harvard, or Stanford. This is a misleading sentiment.
Add to the list: Actuary HR Foreign Service Officer Sales
Quote: Originally Posted by scientific on a more serious note, any young person not acquiring programming skills by the time they leave school is doing themselves a serious disservice and/or potentially self-selecting out of the job market for this century. as far as i can tell, programming remains by the best risk/reward career path. if you're good at sales, that is potentially more valuable but higher risk I regret not learning some...
Quote: Originally Posted by Kai The guy in the article went into major debt to attend Thomas Jefferson Law School in San Diego. If he's that dumb, it's no wonder he can't get a job. That guy was a bad example. They should have chosen someone else.
Also, many legal jobs in industry, such as in-house counsel at F500, require BigLaw experience.
Quote: Originally Posted by Cotillion "what is work? Work is of two kinds: first, altering the position of matter at or near the earth's surface relatively to other such matter; second, telling other people to do so. The first kind is unpleasant and ill paid; the second is pleasant and highly paid. The second kind is capable of indefinite extension: there are not only those who give orders, but those who give advice as to what orders should be given....