or Connect

Posts by Digby

Marinella is the single best tie shop on the planet. i love the fact that it's still a hole in the wall (or at least it was when i was there). i own several and feel special every time i wear one.
I have a beautiful brown plaid Tombolini jacket that I bought while in Italy a few years ago. It still gets compliments whether I wear it with grey flannels or jeans. I've practically lived in this thing and it's held together really well. I travel a lot and it's always my "go to" jacket. I will be a wreck if something happens to it.
thanks, bcate3. i'm really looking forward to it. i have a reverso that's engraved on the back. it's a family heirloom so the initials aren't mine, but it is pretty sweet looking. it was done in italy (where the reverso was purchased. ) won't be engraving the sun/moon. as you can see from the pics above, the see-through back is part of the richness of the watch.
stunning. i fell in love as soon as i saw it. i received a reverso as a wedding gift and have been wanting to add to my collection for some time now. i live overseas though, and the way the friggin' mail thing works i probably won't see it till the middle of next year. still, it's worth the wait.
i just bought a jaeger lecoultre sun and moon to commemorate a professional milestone. hopefully, i've attached the pic correctly. and, frankly, i don't give a flying #$% what someone else thinks. i think it's a beautiful watch that will bring good memories and joy for years to come.
Ok. Battle lines are drawn.
In fact, the silence has been deafening. Still no news from Carlo Franco, Jill, or Audrey (my emails to Audrey are now being returned to sender.) I had a chance to get my money back, but (stupidly) decided to go for an exchange. Nothing doing. Boy do I feel a bit stupid.
Before he died: Ed Bradley of 60 Minutes. Sharp dresser and sharper mind. He always dressed well. ETA: While alive: Denzel's no slacker either, but much more inconsistent than Bradley.
Quote: Originally Posted by gdl203 So you contacted Audrey recently and had exchanges with her? What was her response? My last contact with her (Audrey) was maybe a month ago. Basically, she said the tie I ordered would be sent out in a matter of days. Supposedly, this was the second tie they had sent, but they had no record of the first one beyond the fact that they'd sent it. Since I don't live in the States, and they are a small...
I think I've said this a couple of times, but if there's a chance I might get my tie I'll repeat it here. I ordered the club tie in November 2006. I've had a couple of exchanges with several people (including audrey). It's now April 2007. I've received nothing. I plan on asking, politely, for my money back. As with the tie, I won't hold my breath.