or Connect

Posts by Violinist

Quote: Originally Posted by hopkins_student I wouldn't count on it. Umm, publically, Clinton will endorse Obama. She hates the democratic party but not enough to do something as stupid as looking sour over it.
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton Neither Obama nor McCain can win without huge support from the center and crossover support from the other party. If Obama wants to take for granted, or gratuitously piss off, voters who are not pro-choice across the board, first trimester on, any circumstances, he will get about 43% of the vote, tops. You are dreaming if you think the coalition Obama has assembled thus far in the primary -- blacks, univeristy people...
Quote: Originally Posted by countdemoney Demographics, demographics, demographics. It does several things. 1. Puts money in McCain's pocket. The pro-life crowd will pony up cash against something like that - the direct mail pieces practically write themselves, even if pro-lifers won't give money to McCain, money will go to an anti-Obama group. 2. It may force Obama to discuss his views on abortion. Those views will alienate someone. 3. There...
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton Not true, though. The country has moved in a pro-life direction, and comments like that will have an effect on centrists and independents. One comment alone won't sink him, but it goes into the same 527 ammo dump -- along with Rezko, Wright, and some of Michelle's more intemperate sayings. Will that really matter when Obama is bringing new voters into the picture? If the kids actually vote this time instead...
The only people that's going to piss off are conservatives, people who weren't voting for him anyways, and their turnout has been pathetic so far. I just watched that clip; it's totally not a big deal. It happened like a week ago and it hasn't gotten much press, and anyone could see what he meant by it. Anyone offended by that is a moron and deserves to waste their time waving their arms about it.
The news should drop soon that Obama has increased the number of registered Dem voters in PA by 45%.
Quote: Originally Posted by Connemara The weather. There is absolutely nothing like waking up at 1 PM, eating a big brunch and then taking it outside to play some frisbee. that is so white
Quote: Originally Posted by gdl203 I only went there once and I didn't enjoy the food. Service was unacceptable (1 hour wait at the bar for a reserved table??) and the cooking, although very interesting and amusing, was just not that good. I don't mind inventive cooking and "molecular" cuisine, but it has to taste great for that price. I completely understand why it is stuck at the one star Michelin level and cannot really seem to take off from...
Quote: Originally Posted by gdl203 For me, it would be either EMP or GT. I'm just not a huge fan of Bouley's decor (neither the red or white room) so it's a turn-off for me. If you've never been to GT, I'd say go for it. It's a lovely place and the food doesn't disappoint. If you're more interested in trying a slightly more inventive cuisine (but that still tastes good, unlike wd50), give EMP a try. The art deco dining room is a little less romantic...
Quote: Originally Posted by Bradford Or you could say, Clinton's just as corrupt as many Republicans. Thanks for reminding me again why I'm supporting Obama. O my god, you flip flopped again? You're like Romney.