or Connect

Posts by Violinist

Quote: Originally Posted by savvyibd 2000-2800 I really am not positive what I want. I know I don't want to take out a mortgage for 3mil, I can tell you that. If my house can be two bedrooms and a living room in 1500 sqft, I'd be happy. French architecture - I have found - is so much different than American architecture. It's really difficult to gauge. I probably would build a basement to store things and possibly put a library down there to save...
Quote: Originally Posted by savvyibd Wait, you are telling me I need an interior of 3000 sqft (which is 1000/sqft based on a 3mil mark)? Why do you say 3000 sqft? Just because the pictures are of large homes doesn't necessarily mean I want it at that scale. I am just curious as to why you say 3000 sqft home.. Right now my home is 5500 sqft. Didn't you say you wanted 2800 or so square feet? I rounded it up. Am I missing something?
Quote: Originally Posted by savvyibd 3000 a square foot? That seems absurdly high. For that price, you can easily get a 10,000 sqft home in Greenwich! No sorry I meant 3000 sqft, I put a backslash between them accidentally. However, to do what you want properly I'd definitely say 3 mill.
Quote: Originally Posted by savvyibd So 700/sqft? I don't know if I am willing to tie that much money up into my home. I'll need to consult: first with architects/builders, then with my accountant. Though, I really do want this home. Tough decision. Basically 3000 sq/ft with the quality of materials and construction that you'd want, with modern amenities (kitchens and bathrooms are very expensive these days), I'd say so ya.
Quote: Originally Posted by savvyibd Well, I do have money in a euro bank account that will help offset the costs. If I can buy everything at once and ship it at once, that should save a good chunk of money; rather than picking out new things every week and having it shipped. I really have no idea how much it will cost to buy the materials needed to build the home, and who knows what the local laws are in regards to what I can and can not use, and what...
Quote: Originally Posted by savvyibd I'm more than familiar with unexpected costs when building a home, but you don't think it'll be possible to build a ~2000-2800 sqft home for under 1m? (I'm not including costs of solar energy, or the cost of the land) and materials from Europe? You're crazy.
Quote: Originally Posted by savvyibd Yeah, I am really curious what it's going to cost me to build this home. I'll make some calls to architects on Monday to see if anybody has any experience in replicating these types of homes and then ask what I should expect to pay per sqft. Of course my 350/sqft doesn't include furniture. THere's no way 1.5 will work. You'll be half way through construction and will realize you'll need another million...
Quote: Originally Posted by matadorpoeta i wasn't referring to modernity, i was referring to, the future. if and when i build a house from scratch, i will build it to look like nothing the world has ever seen. a good friend of mine is actually building one of those faux tuscan villas, supposedly "designed" by his wife, and i'm finding it very difficult not to say anything insulting. i suppose this could go in the "things you just can't understand"...
Quote: Originally Posted by Fade to Black Well...to the public maybe. But as battle verses are directly to the target, "You know who, did you know what, with you know who" must've been pretty damn clear to Nas. Ya but he knew about that already. The fact that Jay Z held back at first probably shows that even he thought it was a bit fucked up, and he knew he'd be opening himself up to more insults "You seem to be only concerned with dissin'...
Quote: Originally Posted by Fade to Black how was Ether clever? There weren't any particularly witty punchlines or real personal attacks...he called Jay-Z ugly, calls out his label as 'cockafella' and says he's a fraud. Jay-Z laid all the cards on the table and told the truth, that he fucked Nas' baby mother. I don't see how it gets any more personal than that. Actually if you count subliminal disses, on this note "Is That Your Bitch" is...