or Connect

Posts by Violinist

I have very thick hair and want to be able to manipulate my hair without it appearing or feeling greasy. Is there anything which is a decent substitute for your own natural oils? I want something extremely subtle. I have tried that Bed Head stuff (too goey and thick), this Kerastase hair wax (makes hair way too shiny and the hold doesn't feel natural), and this Redken stuff which was like a white paste, but it wasn't so grainy. I kind of liked it since it doesn't make...
Quote: Originally Posted by iammatt I couple of years ago I read a very interesting article about this phenomenon. It was based on Le Corbusier's idea of "period" versus modern and excoriated people for doing exactly what you say. "Modern," when referring to 1920-60s furniture is now nothing but another form of "period," and one wonders what the original modernists would think about that. I don't imagine they'd look on said ignorance...
Quote: Originally Posted by iammatt I've never bought into the universality of cold and warm in design. To me, there is nothing more sterile feeling than a newly built house done in the classic style. It just smells of trying to be something that no longer is. Of course, I am biased having been brought up with a heavy dose of modernism, so it is what feels natural and comforting to me. On the other hand, I am no fan of wood kitchens. I think they...
Quote: Originally Posted by Piobaire I love this sort of statement. The subtle implication that if someone does not agree with Violinist and Obama, why, they're not educated. As I have said repeatedly, there is some truth to what Obama said. However, he does not describe the millions of happy and well adjusted folks in small towns. Funny how some apparently non-educated buffoon like me can figure that out and our esteemed performance prodigy...
Quote: Originally Posted by johnapril Do you think? I only looked at shapes. He seems to be copying those of the Italian kitchen cabinet makers. Yea of course. These square panels everywhere is just so disciplined. There is no character at all with that kind of design, it's so cold and by now, incredibly generic.
Quote: Originally Posted by LabelKing White walls are rather practical for background. You bought the tortoise lamp? If you did pay that much, you really should update the quality of the rest of the place.
What Obama says is quite true, and I think a lot of educated people will agree with him. Unfortunately, he just pissed off a huge amount of the people that he stole from Hillary. Hopefully it will go away, but this was the single most retarded thing he's probably ever done. I hope one of his staffers slapped him.
Quote: Originally Posted by Dragon Sorry if this has already come up, but escalators are pissing me off lately. I usually ride the escalator side-by-side with my wife and people behind think they have the right of way to pass even if there is no space. Seems like they think there is some rule that you are supposed to line up single file and I am the one blocking traffic. If you are in such a hurry, take the damn stairs! umm actually,...
Quote: Originally Posted by GoSurface I'm supposed to go to a club tonight, but its fucking thundering here. Gaaaaaaaaah! Does this club not have a roof?
Quote: Originally Posted by johnapril American maker might be less for similar style/quality. sorry, don't know them but came across this site and seemed interesting: www.henrybuilt.com All of that stuff looks so incredibly dated. This whole 70s revival isn't going to last long. I can't believe people are into wenge wood and shag carpets again.