or Connect

Posts by Violinist

Quote: Originally Posted by gdl203 I only went there once and I didn't enjoy the food. Service was unacceptable (1 hour wait at the bar for a reserved table??) and the cooking, although very interesting and amusing, was just not that good. I don't mind inventive cooking and "molecular" cuisine, but it has to taste great for that price. I completely understand why it is stuck at the one star Michelin level and cannot really seem to take off from...
Quote: Originally Posted by gdl203 For me, it would be either EMP or GT. I'm just not a huge fan of Bouley's decor (neither the red or white room) so it's a turn-off for me. If you've never been to GT, I'd say go for it. It's a lovely place and the food doesn't disappoint. If you're more interested in trying a slightly more inventive cuisine (but that still tastes good, unlike wd50), give EMP a try. The art deco dining room is a little less romantic...
Join the foreign legion and be done with it.
Hi, I don't know anything about these fights, but could one of those Shaolin dudes beat these guys based on the rules of this league, or would they probably get pummeled?
Quote: Originally Posted by Tck13 Matt Sorum?!?!?! I NEVER would have suspected that. (Being a drummer) I've followed him for a long time (I remember him from the Cult) and never really heard anything like that. Oh well. Are you sure Slash and Duffy didn't go back again? I'm just asking because I really never follow that stuff. Yea Sorum had serious problems, up until just a few years ago his house was a major hollywood party spot,...
Quote: Originally Posted by Tck13 Judging by the article, there were a couple of guys that were in and out of rehab from VR. It also sounds like it was going to end eventually. I'm surprised to see STP getting back together. I guess we'll see how long that lasts. Side note: My friends band Jealousy Curve (Shane is the drummer) is playing with STP in Philly. (Also: The Hooters, Everclear, Staind - Link That's a half truth. It was...
Quote: Originally Posted by Jenaimarr I remember from a Slash interview that he didn't even particularly like the opening riff to Sweet Child O'Mine since it was just was him goofing around with a warm-up lick during a jam session. Axl dug the sound and it stuck. Violinist: +1 to being a G'n'F'nR fan. Never would've guessed it from your screen name. He hates playing it live because it's hard to do, especially back when they were touring...
You could probably go to WD-50... with pairings it would be difficult though. Grammercy Tavern... if you want to sit in the loungy area... but that's probably not for a birthday type situation.
Quote: Originally Posted by aportnoy Got it. Were Slash and Axl the primary writers, then? Slash came up with a lot of melodies, riffs etc... they tended to write a lot of songs in hotel rooms and on the road. A lot of their most famous songs came together with multiple contributions, and then Axl would work it out on the piano. The Sweet Child O' Mine riff (I believe) was actually an idea Duff stumbeled on, and then Slash completed it. Duff...
Quote: Originally Posted by aportnoy Not a huge GnR fan and I'm certainly not an expert but on Wickipedia's discography Izzy is cited as a co-author of a ton of their songs. He wrote chord progressions and the occassional riff man.