or Connect
New Posts  All Forums:

Posts by Violinist

Quote: Originally Posted by Augusto86 Of course...it's just that tactically, a 4000km border is much harder to fence than 50 - I assume it's not simply more men and concrete, it's exponentially more complex. They started tunelling, so a fence won't stop those dedicated enough from getting in.
The few people who would know any details of my finances have not messaged you, nor are they involved in discussions on this forum. I have never "bragged", only responded to posts which asked honest questions, to which I gave honest answers if my experiences allowed it. Needless to say, you're quite far off on that subject, and couldn't really be further from the truth. If it is who I think it is, believe me, it's hardly a credible source, and the reality of their...
Quote: Originally Posted by LabelKing Personally, I am not a fan of provincial styles of furniture for various reasons. Firstly, I don't really like the look of it; and secondly, it is slightly tacky given the ubiquity of it. You see a lot of French Provincial kitchens and the like. Baroque is something that I'm quite keen on, but it's something taken in small doses unless you have a period-appropriate interior to match. Yes, it's almost...
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton What are you talking about? Considering you got out of school like three days ago, I seriously doubt this. Nice try though. I travel a lot. You wouldn't believe who you can meet in a hotel bar.
Again, it was his personal life which was a problem, which lasted longer than 7 years. In any case, go circle some wanted ads or something. Civil debate with you is impossible, you take everything so personally, and think that just because his job security was ok, that his personal life was too. I never insulted you throughout this exchange, despite having demonstrated that I am amply capable of it in the past, with your best comeback being that I'm a violinist with an...
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton I have no idea where you get this. From the day the Liberal Party entered office in 1905, Churchill was in the cabinet and a rising star. He had the total confidence of Asquith and Lloyd-George. If anything, because he was so successful so young in those days, he was probably more confident that ever. Did you ever read about the period following WW1? The 'black dog' as he called it... it was pretty much...
Quote: Originally Posted by LabelKing I suppose the solid wood furniture for the peasants is more in line with traditional European furnishings. That certainly seemed to be the case with French furniture--the now ubiquitous French provincial styles all tended to favor solid woods while the grand pieces were composed of complex veneers and things like ivory and tortoise-shell with bronze inlays. Of course, with things like sofas, chairs, etc. solid wood...
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton I am not mad at you. I think you are a douchebag as a matter of ontological science. It's like calling RJman a lawyer, or a Brown grad. I don't disagree with most of the specifics you have named. Yes, he was depressed a lot. Yes, he could be unbearable to work for (though he inspired fierce loyalty nonetheless). I do deny that he was insecure. That's one thing he was not. And I deny that he was different in...
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton Whatever, douchebag. Just because you can't understand what I'm saying, that's no reaon to lash out. Why don't you go play Humoresque to calm down. And if you think his praise of the English people was all for public show, then you don't understand him at all, and never will no matter how many more books you read. K firstly, I was quite nice, did not insult you, and said that I respect what you say even...
Quote: Originally Posted by Manton If you've read so much Churchill, then surely you've come across thousands of comments praising the character of the English people. Yes, he did think he was more talented and smarter than most people -- but then again, he was! Churchill was a perfect case study in Aristotle's virtue of megalopsuchia, most often tranlated as "magnanimity, but more accurately translated as "greatness of soul." It is the virtue of man...
New Posts  All Forums: