or Connect

Posts by Violinist

Quote: Originally Posted by acidicboy 1. paparazzi It's not an occupation, but why not have contempt for anyone who buys what they sell?
Now she's asking about Islam...
Quote: Originally Posted by GQgeek I briefly looked at Schott Zweisel's line which uses a titanium crystal and are much stronger, but aesthetically, the Riedel Vistis were exponentially more pleasing to my eye. I'm very careful with my things and so breakage generally isn't a huge concern. I bought a special goblet brush to clean them with which should make it a lot easier to clean and further reduce chance of breakage. And if you go back and read what i...
Quote: Originally Posted by rnoldh As it should be. He stayed with the Church in 2004 and after when it was apparent that he was on the fast track ( as he had planned and hoped for to his credit). But as the venerable Rev. Jeramiah Wright has famously said, "The Chickens are coming home to roost!". Like many things in life, you can't have it both ways. Trinity United was fine for a South Side Chicago US Senator. It remains to be seen if it's...
Quote: Originally Posted by rnoldh And he's already spinning and intellectualizing. To be fair he's been active in a Church for 20 years but look at the specific Church! yea... you know, I this is going to be a major, major problem for him in the general. This and the baby thing, I gotta say, I overlooked how serious it will be.
Quote: Originally Posted by rnoldh 7:40 PM CST This thread is hereby resurrected! Obama is just about to appear on a CNN round-table about faith. This should be good. HRC just got done. the moderator is asking him right now about the quote in the other thread, specifically about religion.
Quote: Originally Posted by DarkNWorn Isn't that what he just wrote? I quoted the wrong post... guess it was a cosign.
Quote: Originally Posted by RJman Part of law school involves having your brain twisted into shape for the very particular ways a lawyer is expected to think and to write. They do not necessarily resemble those used in most other disciplines. legal writing is fairly idiomatic and doesn't represent what you'd find in academia, and I doubt it resembles corporate memos or political briefs.
Quote: Originally Posted by tiecollector That's why you have motion sensors in the ground. Surely they can't dig a tunnel THAT fast. Well they've already found one substantial tunnel. The point is, with a border that wide, it would be difficult to defend against that. In any case, what do they do once they detect a tunnel? They can't start digging and risk killing a couple 12 year olds. Was it ever proven about North Korea having...
Quote: Originally Posted by matadorpoeta gonzalez belongs in prison. I have watched Wexler's questioning of Gonzalez several times, it's really entertaining.