or Connect

Posts by Violinist

Quote: Originally Posted by FLMountainMan And Connie, the first thing I thought of when I heard Sarah Palin was "upstate New York." Suck it, mary. No way. Compared to Upstate NYers, her accent was mild. However, the vocabulary is pretty close. And you're right, for some reason, NY state people just don't comprehend that they have accents.
Quote: Originally Posted by Connemara There was a plethora of buffoons at work tonight. At one table, a group of 3 women had gathered for a Sex & The City party. They all drank cosmos and even played S&TC trivia. I almost threw a plate at them. A table of boorish lesbians was being rowdy. This is not Friday's, it is a fine dining establishment. Take your rugmunching elsewhere! The disgruntled middle-aged homosexual who is sort of the de facto head...
gotta go to Seoul from Prague. It will be in the middle of summer, with about 4 days to play with between Czech Republic and Korea. The flights I've checked out between Prague and Seoul are ridiculous. LA to Seoul (return) is like 3k for business class, and very cheap on economy. From Prague, with less flight time, it is 9k. Do I have to go all the way to Zurich or even Heathrow to fly to Seoul? I'd prefer to stay in eastern europe in that time, explore Bratislava or maybe...
Quote: Originally Posted by Bradford ^^ I guess the question is, how does she want to be remembered? Justine Henin may be going out on top with plenty of $$, but she probably won't be mentioned in any discussion of the top players of all time. Yea she only won 7 majors, and made 30 mill just on the tour. Definitely not memorable.
Quote: Originally Posted by odoreater I'd gladly get blood stains on my favorite shirt for a friend, and my good friends would gladly do the same for me. Your Cuban friend needs new friends. Over what a dude said at a sandwich store? Really?
Quote: Originally Posted by impolyt_one Are you looking for a styling product to hold your hair in place, or a humectant/moisturizer so your hair is more manageable and lays naturally? Your original post sounded like the latter, whilst all of the suggestions have been for the former... I have thick coarse hair as well, which at short lengths is straight and is stiff, but with any real length tends to become wiry/bushy and completely unmanageable......
Isn't it better to just eat food rich in Zinc, or are supplements a good idea? If you eat a normal amount of chicken, lean beef etc... every day, isn't that giving you enough zinc?
Quote: Originally Posted by GQgeek I briefly looked at Schott Zweisel's line which uses a titanium crystal and are much stronger, but aesthetically, the Riedel Vistis were exponentially more pleasing to my eye. I'm very careful with my things and so breakage generally isn't a huge concern. I bought a special goblet brush to clean them with which should make it a lot easier to clean and further reduce chance of breakage. And if you go back and read what i...
Quote: Originally Posted by LabelKing Personally, I am not a fan of provincial styles of furniture for various reasons. Firstly, I don't really like the look of it; and secondly, it is slightly tacky given the ubiquity of it. You see a lot of French Provincial kitchens and the like. Baroque is something that I'm quite keen on, but it's something taken in small doses unless you have a period-appropriate interior to match. Yes, it's almost...