or Connect

Posts by Violinist

Quote: Originally Posted by FLMountainMan And Connie, the first thing I thought of when I heard Sarah Palin was "upstate New York." Suck it, mary. No way. Compared to Upstate NYers, her accent was mild. However, the vocabulary is pretty close. And you're right, for some reason, NY state people just don't comprehend that they have accents.
Quote: Originally Posted by Connemara There was a plethora of buffoons at work tonight. At one table, a group of 3 women had gathered for a Sex & The City party. They all drank cosmos and even played S&TC trivia. I almost threw a plate at them. A table of boorish lesbians was being rowdy. This is not Friday's, it is a fine dining establishment. Take your rugmunching elsewhere! The disgruntled middle-aged homosexual who is sort of the de facto head...
gotta go to Seoul from Prague. It will be in the middle of summer, with about 4 days to play with between Czech Republic and Korea. The flights I've checked out between Prague and Seoul are ridiculous. LA to Seoul (return) is like 3k for business class, and very cheap on economy. From Prague, with less flight time, it is 9k. Do I have to go all the way to Zurich or even Heathrow to fly to Seoul? I'd prefer to stay in eastern europe in that time, explore Bratislava or maybe...
Quote: Originally Posted by Bradford ^^ I guess the question is, how does she want to be remembered? Justine Henin may be going out on top with plenty of $$, but she probably won't be mentioned in any discussion of the top players of all time. Yea she only won 7 majors, and made 30 mill just on the tour. Definitely not memorable.
Quote: Originally Posted by odoreater I'd gladly get blood stains on my favorite shirt for a friend, and my good friends would gladly do the same for me. Your Cuban friend needs new friends. Over what a dude said at a sandwich store? Really?
Quote: Originally Posted by Philosoph Good point Oh, I know it can get pretty loud. I seem to have a higher tolerance for bass than treble though, since it's the cymbal crashes that get to me the most. The experience I was referring to was listening to a friend test out some audio equipment - rock songs played at a consistent 105 dB. I remember that being a lot louder and more forceful than any bass drum or timpani I've ever heard or...
Quote: Originally Posted by Philosoph I'm surprised, I admit. The percussion section can get incredibly loud. A bass drum hit at full force can be impressive, although your ear only "hears" the initial attack, but the reverberations are still incredibly loud and damaging. What you really need to worry about though, is the brass section. A few trombones can lay waste to an entire hall if they take fff to heart.
Quote: Originally Posted by Philosoph ^ Those numbers seem exaggerated to me. I've heard music that was measured at 105 dB, and I've listened to and played music in concert halls. Not the same... I'm a percussionist, and I have a very hard time believing that a timpani or bass drum roll is 106 dB. I want to know what kind of drums they were using... Of course, maybe my perceptions of all this are way off. the numbers are accurate
Quote: Originally Posted by englanderjk Oh, got it bad-ass...I'm cool now. I don't think you demonstrated any real bias either, your just an idiot. dude, read my first post. There was a previous one about Lou Dobbs saying this, and some people here were wondering about it, and were surprised that it wasn't a big deal. Where in my initial post was I outraged and up in arms? I simply posted it because I saw it, and people had made a big deal...