or Connect

Posts by EL72

There is a gas leak in the building where I have class this afternoon so it was cancelled. I usually hate cancelling classes because it throws off the schedule and I have to make it up somehow but I really didn't feel like going in there today so . I still have another class at 7pm though....
I went to Cava in Delisle Court (Yonge/St. Clair) on Saturday night and it was very good. It's a Spanish Tapas type place and most of the dishes we had were great, a few were so-so... I'll try to remember which ones and post a more complete review later if anyone is interested.
It's been 5 yrs but I stayed at a couple of smaller B&B type places on the Big Island and it was great. Big resorts are fine for Maui, Kauai... but the Big Island is less about beaches and more for exploring imo.
I've just returned from a short trip to Boston and for those interested: FB has Elgin Scottish cashmere scarves for $40. Picked up a couple - very nice scarf and great value. Marshall's across the street had a beautiful 3 pc Corneliani suit in 38L. Greyish brown houndstooth flannel with lapeled vest. A beauty for $399! Frank Stella boutique is closing and everything is 30-60% off. Some nice Gran Sasso sweaters for 60% off (got a great argyle merino cashmere crew...
Quote: Originally Posted by Fuuma Why do you enjoy urban living? Don't tell me its because you get to live in a very small apartment.... Of course everyone would like more spacious accomodations but beyond a certain threshold, I would never trade off more space for the ability to take the subway to work and other places, to walk with my kids to the park, pool, coffee shops... Being able to get around with driving everywhere is the big...
Quote: Originally Posted by Sazerac I may be wrong on this, but if memory serves shortening sleeves almost always means removing the sleeve entirely and taking off the extra length from the top of the sleeve rather than the cuff. At least, this is the way my mother, a professional costume designer, used to do it. It's not cheap and it takes a skilled tailor. No. I would not trust any alterations tailor to touch the sleevehead of my coat...
Quote: Originally Posted by EL72 Freakin' 2011 Ontario Government rent increase guideline of 0.7%!! The lowest in the 35-year history of rent regulation - WTF!?! In the year when an additional 8% harmonized sales tax is now charged on all utilies and all kinds of maintenance services, all I can say is F@CK this Liberal government that just wants to cozy up to tenants ahead of the 2011 elections. To add further insult to injury, some of...
Nothing can beat the guy who found a brand new pair of JL Prestige shoes at a thrift store for $2!! With lasted trees!! It's in one of the other threads but I remember it vividly since they were my size... edit: here's the post http://www.styleforum.net/showpost.p...postcount=1196
What's up with the weed these days? My friend gave me some bud before I went on vacation last month and warned me it was really strong but WTF!? I used to smoke daily when in my late teens/early twenties (so nearly 20 yrs ago) and the weed today is so much more potent that i can't imagine smoking daily. Just 1/2 joint will knock me out now. Before you say my tolerance level is down, which is partly true, I can smoke less potent strands of weed and hash without feeling...
Unless you want to become a landlord (I am and it's working out fine but it's not for everyone), just sell your house. There's no reason it shouldn't sell quickly if you price it fairly.