or Connect

Posts by EL72

Quote: Originally Posted by iammatt I saw iurik! kissing Santa Claus.
Quote: Originally Posted by Piobaire Was cruising the shoes for sale on ebay and a real old memory came back. Remember that dood that kept trying to sell some vintage boots...Alden I think...for around 10k? Some members found his ebay sale and linked it here. Then all hell broke open and he was I-stalking a poster or two, law suits were threatened. If I remember right, he was some guy that sued the USPS and got a settlement then was living off...
Can't get enough of the Stockyards!! The ribs are the best I've ever had and would give any authentic Southern BBQ place a run for their money. Smoked chicken is great but not as exciting as the other options. Brisket sandwich is awesome (my 8 yo son loves it). The fries are the best in town, by far. Lots of brunch options too on Sunday. The dirty south is a great 'sandwich' (chicken fried steak on a buttermilk biscuit smothered in sausage gravy). Fish tacos and...
Manton looks great though with an interesting choice of shoes that contrasts with the rest of the uber-CBD look. edit: Oops, I meant the suede monks
Quote: Originally Posted by fwiffo I was just reading this and thought you had a fridge in your office and whether I could get an invite for a drink Well the fridge is no longer with us but the scotch is still in my drawer... do drop by if you are in the neighbourhood.
The little bar fridge in my office just died. He was but a wee fridge, only 7 yrs old and 18" high with a shiny black exterior and a smudged stainless steel door. He always kept my drinks (and the odd beer) cold. He was great at storing my salads, deli meats and other assorted fooodstuffs so that I could avoid the communal fridge in the faculty lounge. It's just across the hall from my office but it means having to get my ass off my chair. You will be missed little bar...
Quote: Originally Posted by LatinStyleLover I want those Shannons very bad, but the width might be a bit narrow for me. Sky Valet has them for $1250 so it would be nice to save $300, but D width is killing me! This is almost torture! Keep in mind that the RL x EG 89 last is wider (and higher volume - especially the instep) than the other EG lasts (888, 82...). I typically wear 9.5E or more but the 89 last 9.5D fits me perfectly. Awesome boots!
Quote: Originally Posted by WaterlooMike +1. St Clair West. Go for the Porchetta sandwich. my god..... best $10 you'll spend on a meal. ^^^ YES!! I also had the pulled pork and it's delicious. I tasted my son's burger and it was very good too. I've heard great things about their fried chicken and need to go back...
Quote: Originally Posted by bing on a scale of one to 100 how does this caplansky's place stack up to Schwartz's? because i would pretty much fly to Montreal at anytime just to eat there... if this Caplansky's is even 75% as good it would save me a lot of time. I am an ex-mtler and love my Schwartz as much as the next guy (medium-fat plz) and I really like Caplansky. I'll admit that I found Schwartz inconsistent the last few times I've...
I went to a new place on St. Denis (corner Rachel) for NYE in MTL called Le Hachoir and was pleasantly surprised. Nice steak tartare and cool meat dishes (I had a tourtiere that was delicious) with nice decor and atmosphere. It turns out the place is owned by a guy I know who used to be a doorman at Disalvio's (a club I hung out in the late '80s/early '90s) - Alain. Nice guy and even offered us drinks on the house. I will echo Medwards rec since i also had lunch at...