or Connect

Posts by mwat70

There are some great looking umbrella's here... I picked up this Zegna one today for £50 at an outlet store in Bicester, UK. Not quite the standard of some here, but I thought I'd share pics. I hope the fact that it isn't black doesn't upset too many. Cheers Attachment 14822 Attachment 14823 Attachment 14824 Attachment 14825 Attachment 14826
Quote: Originally Posted by lordofpi I don't mean to seem mocking, but what exactly is the problem with buckling in the front? I know Bogart tied it (frontally), but if it was meant to be tied, it wouldn't have a buckle and loops, IMHO. Sort of like putting one's trousers on backwards just to be different. Am I the odd man out here, or do some others of you just buckle it and be done? By the way, Bates, that is a beautiful coat. I'm the...
The thread made me think of an old favourite Dr Who... Jon Pertwee. I stumbled on this link google'ing for images of him in his cape. If you have a spare £5k, this guy has the Doctor's cape for sale http://www.jonpertwee.com/JPDCcape/
Only the day before yesterday, I found a fantastic Dunhill Trenchcoat... Half price in Bicester Village (if anyone in the UK is interested - worth checking out) My vote went for double.
This thread made me smile... End of last year I had some surgery to my foot - turned up in a nice private hospital and was expecting to be wheeled down to the theatre... Alas, I had to walk it - so picture me walking down the corridoor with one of those nice hospital gowns and a pair of chelsea boots - now that's a great look! I'd never thought of wearing slippers, but our new house has a concrete floor under the carpet and is blooming cold - I think this thread has...
Once again, thanks everyone for the continued advice, support and best wishes... I'm inspired by the suggestion of the blue tunic shirt with white starch collar - it looks fantastic. I also think the John Lobb boots look amazing, but I may be in trouble with my budget! As for the morning suit after the wedding... It'll probably get stored in the cupboard and dragged out in 20 or so years when my unborn daughter gets wed , but seriously I have absolutely no idea what...
Hello everyone, just a quick update... I've just purchased a pair of braces (suspenders) to hold my trousers up! With my future wife's help and pictures of wedding ties from this site, Lisa helped me to find a more elegant tie. I hope this meets with everyone's approval - I can certainly see why this looks so much better than my original pink version - Lisa loves it too which is a bonus . I'm also waiting for a linen white handkerchief (pocket square) hopefully in...
Congratulations too... I wish your new wife and you lots of hapiness and a wonderful life together
Hello everyone, thanks so much for sharing your thoughts and ideas - they're much appreciated. Everyone commented on the trousers - they're falling down. I've been working away and have lost a little weight making the trousers fall down! Time to invest in some braces I think. Hopefully, that will fix the problem with the shirt showing at the bottom of the waistcoat. With regards the tie and handkerchief. My 'future' wife was looking at a pink colour scheme for...
Hi, this is my first post here... I've been having a read about all the excellent advice on morning suits and I thought I'd post mine and ask for opinions. We're not having the most formal of weddings, so I felt a little deviation (pink tie and pocket handkerchief) were acceptable. The suit is a bespoke suit from King & Allen, shirt and tie from TM Lewin. I'm looking to buy some nice Loake boots to go with the outfit. Attachment 13665 Attachment 13666 Attachment...