or Connect

Posts by DaMoose

Mine are mainly city, though more in wetter weather -- I've got half soles on them and they're my boots for wet but doesn't require rubber to wade through puddles/slush. But it sounds like the answer is that the leather just picks up dirt as the black on yours looks similar to what mine are picking up. Given that, considering just embracing it and letting some more of the dirt build.Anyone with thoughts on my original question #2 also appreciated.
I think it might be part of it, but I have other boots I've used Obeanufs on that don't pick up dirt in the same way at all. But those are a quite different leather. So maybe the combo of CXL and Obeanufs?Kicking the brake of a stroller with them all the time doubtless helped getting rid of any for me. Combined with a quite through lexol cleaning a couple of months ago. And the dirt sticking to the toes --along with the sides -- has killed whatever burnishing there...
Thanks for all the good info in this thread. And in advance to anyone who answers me below Two quick questions about my boots based on the pictures below. 1. The CXL tan leather seems to attract dirt like crazy? Is that right or is there something I’m doing wrong? Boots have obenauf oil and LP on them but not anything else. This does seem to be common -- see pictures of some other tans back on post 4988 -- so I’m guessing it’s just the leather? 2. On sizing as you can...
Thanks, much appreciated. I'll go try check out Civilianaire this weekend as they look quite interesting. Only potential qualm is that the inseam is only 33. My intention is to cuff these and at 6'2" that might not give me enough length. I actually have a pair of Rockers and they're great -- I was hoping no one would call me on that. But they're at a length where I wear them uncuffed (work, where I can wear jeans but cuffed would get me some odd looks), so would have...
Thanks for the suggestions. Will try on the 501z. Shearer looks to be "intense taper" which isn't really my style.
Mostly a shameless bump of my own question. But perhaps I managed to define a mythical white whale of jeans. So how about just this: recs for mid-rise selvage zip fly jeans?
Looking for some jeans that meet the following criteria: - Mid-rise. My wife says she’s tired of jeans where she can see my butt crack all the time. The downside: I have repurpose the pair I’ve been using at home—where I’m constantly down on the floor with kids, hence the crack issue—for occasions where I will essentially only be standing. These are an old pair of Levi's Hesher. The upside: I get to buy some new jeans. Doesn’t have to be excessively high waisted, well...
Question: So I have some jeans (raw) that I wear uncuffed because (a) I wear them to work where cuffing would not be appropriate and (b) I'm just not a fan of the cuffed look (don't shoot me). So, their length is such that there is some moderate stacking on them. But when I come home we don't wear shoes around the house and they're long enough that just taking off my shoes would lead to holes in the back, which I don't really want to do. So I often then just cuff at...