or Connect

Posts by Biggie_Robs

Congrats on a good looking, easy maintenance boot!
They won't last any longer than the regular converse version.
Nomos, with no hesitation.
Quote: Originally Posted by nerazzurrri What kind of boots are those in the second pic? They're RW Iron Rangers -- 9.5EE, Russett color.
Quote: Originally Posted by Uncontrol C'mon now: IMPORTANT NOTICE: No media files are hosted on these forums. By clicking the link below you agree to view content from an external website. We can not be held responsible for the suitability or legality of this material. If the video does not play, wait a minute or try again later.       I AGREETIP: to embed Youtube clips, put only the encoded part of the Youtube URL, e.g. eBGIQ7ZuuiU...
Quote: Originally Posted by travisttt Stay away from Hamilton, Swiss army, et cetera. Go for something with a bit of character. That Laco automatic was pretty cool. Try and find a used Sinn. That would be ideal. I would be very interested to know where one finds a used Sinn for $250? That's something like a 70% discount off a new 556 (in North America).
How about some fit pics on the 484s? Thanks (one way or the other)!
It's a decent watch, but you could probably get it from an AD for that price.
Vintage watches can be great value, but keep in mind the (likely) cost of an overhaul. I think for $250, I might go for a vintage Mido Commander for around $100, and spend the rest on service from a trusted watch-servicer. Mido uses top of the line (not in-house) movements. They're great value for the money in mechanical watches--aesthetics are subjective, of course. For new, I think I would look to Seiko, Citizen, Tissot, Hamilton. The best outcome for the OP...
Quote: Originally Posted by jekyoo_style I was able to pick up a $100 J.Crew gift card for just $45 bucks so I used that to get myself a pair of sperry's from J.Crew. It's a bit disingenuous to say "Plus, I got them for only $45. Woohoo!" Otherwise, I got *insert item here* for free. Woohoo! (note: Grandma gave me a gift certificate for my birthday) I'm glad you like your shoes, BTW.