or Connect

Posts by Biggie_Robs

Quote: Originally Posted by van_hammersly I really hope the "slim fit" shirt has narrower arms. Indeed.
Quote: Originally Posted by astris Makr flap in Horween Shell Cordovan #4. Pics?
Quote: Originally Posted by mafoofan Well, neither is as big as the original, but the IWC at least has a full-size movement and anti-magnetic protection. So, like we both said, the Stowa is not a knock-off. Sweet. The buyer is free to purchase the watch of his or her choice without fear of ad-hominem-type attacks by you on his or her choice of watch in the future. Life is good. Thanks!
Quote: Originally Posted by mafoofan you're right that the Airman isn't a "knock-off" I selectively quoted you so I could agree with you. I agree, the Stowa isn't a knockoff. Regarding the original German pilot's watch, there were specific guidelines that neither the modern Stowa nor the IWC meet. You can pick and choose which have to be met in order to not be "a bit fake" if you would like, but (short of buying an actual WWII pilot's watch)...
Quote: Originally Posted by mafoofan They are pilot watches. Look up the IWC Mark XI/XII/XV and the IWC Big Pilot. The former were standard issue to RAF pilots throughout the second half of the 20th century and the latter was used by the Luftwaffe during WWII. There were other manufacturers, but IWC's versions are the most iconic and well-known. If a Stowa Flieger is a knock-off, then the IWCs are knock-offs, too.
Quote: Originally Posted by Flight Bird Which one is the most like the NWT condition? Well, Sno-Seal won't darken the shoe very much and Obenaufs LP will, so...
Quote: Originally Posted by Robert People are not symetrical. Your feet are not going to be exactly the same size. Your left is probably just a little wider than your right. You can adjust for this by buying 1/2 size larger and then wearing insoles, or the shoe will probably stretch with some wear to accommodate your foot size. Agreed; Desert Boots will stretch a significant amount. I think the guy with the width issue will be fine in a few...
Quote: Originally Posted by otc If you are talking about the bright orangey line around the sole, that goes away if you actually wear them outside No, I'm wondering about the tread pattern.
Quote: Originally Posted by pronxs Um, beeswax? i.e., Sno-Seal. Obenaufs LP does a good job, but it will darken them.
I'm not sure how I feel about the sole on those Chippewas.