or Connect

Posts by alexpham

I may have a year long break before my full time job start date. I have previously spent a year and a half in college studying abroad and thought it was one of the best experiences of my life. With the year of free time I have now, I wanted to go abroad again for a bit. Instead of just taking a gap year to travel, I wanted to spend 6 months - 1 year in Tokyo, Delhi, or Sao Paulo to experience the culture and maybe learn a little of the language. Are there any good...
Quote: Originally Posted by GQgeek People actually go to Burma for vacations? Sure. One of the best, most enlightening trips I have ever had.
One of the best trips of my life. As mentioned before, Rangoon/Yangon is great. If you have time, visiting the temples in Bagan is a once in a lifetime experience, something I would heartily recommend over Mandalay. Extremely safe country as well for a tourist.
The visual presentation of the movie really was outstanding. The scene where they were coming up from the water like ghosts to a burning Beirut was quite well done.
Quote: Originally Posted by SField I'm afraid the same fate may befall Budapest and even Dubrovnik to a lesser degree. I would say that Dubrovnik has already lost most of its charm. Last time I was there, the town was flooded with people streaming off the three or four cruise ships docked in the harbor. During the daytime, it resembled a Disneyland tourist attraction with all the folks about.
A guy's 4 year journey around the world: http://awayawhile.com/
Skull Polo Shirt, Size 36 Black and white stripe polo shirt with very interesting detailing from Skull Jeans. Mod inspired details such as the bull's eye on the left breast really set this polo apart. Great, great fit for a 36/Small. Washed once. Price: $75 + shipping. Originally purchased for ~$140 from Self Edge. Measurements: Chest - 18" Shoulder - 14" Length - 26" Additional...
I am located in Los Angeles, California and can ship anywhere within the United States or internationally that USPS ships to. I will consider all offers. Shipping within the United States will be $5 for t-shirts, polos, and light sweaters. Shipping will be $7 for heavy sweaters or jeans. Shipments to international locations outside of the United States will be slightly more expensive depending on the specific country, please contact me. For reference, I wear a...
I am located in Los Angeles, California and can ship anywhere within the United States or internationally that USPS ships to. Shipping within the United States will be $10.Shipments to international locations outside of the United States will be slightly more expensive depending on the specific country, please contact me. For reference, I wear: Common Projects - size 41 Nike - size 8.5, 9 Vans - size 8.5 Chucks - size 8 Dark Grey Common Projects Achilles,...
As the title suggests, I'm trying to break into investment banking in the areas of M&A or Leveraged Finance with a New York firm. Unfortunately, I'm currently a sophomore at UCLA, which is not only not very well respected in terms of finance and also not visited by many investment banks for undergraduate recruiting. On top of that, the banks that do come recruit for the Los Angeles office almost exclusively, and I would very much prefer to move to New York upon...