or Connect

Posts by Kaplan

@SkinnyGoomba, looking at wooden exercise equipment, is there anything to be watchful of with regards to the type of wood used?Specifically a water rower [[SPOILER]] One model gives you a choice of ash, beech, cherry, oak or black walnut. Aesthetics aside (and I know which one I prefer), do you think there'll be a noticeable difference in the wood's performance over the lifetime of such a machine? I'm thinking about rot resistance, rigidity, prone to warping and the like...
Bloodline was great (much better than 3rd season of the US House of Cards, for instance). It may benefit from bingeing, as it's true that some episodes are a bit slow. Overall I think the story could've been told just as well (or better, tighter) over 10 episodes instead of 13, but it was definitely worth a watch. [[SPOILER]]
When I was in Saint Petersburg it was called Leningrad. Beluga was readily available (and I brought back a couple of tins - I believe they were about $7 apiece). Dinner was usually washed down down with a ½ bottle of vodka (Stoli or something similar) and a full bottle of champagne (pr person, mind - which including food came to less than $10, IIRC). Good times.
Apparently about 17.3 shots per month on average (compared to 3.8 in the US) .Cockney, pikey fun. 4/5Campy, undead fun. 4/5
[[SPOILER]]
The 'before' shot looks nice.
That experience has less to do with the value of the pieces, but more to do with their nature, their placement and the mindset of the parents.
I would follow Rais in an Offworld replicant uprising.
Good movie based on an actual hostage situation in the French colony of New Caledonia in 1988, and the captain of the GIGN trying to defuse it. 4/5
This may not be cutting edge enough for most here, but how about a Piet Hein superellipse table? I grew up around these and several in my family still have them (usually paired with some version of Arne Jacobsen's dining chairs) and it seems to work well in various contexts.Btw, if you are able to keep the Saarinen, I think the MDF Italia Flow that OtherMatt mentioned might go well with it.