or Connect

Posts by Kaplan

The primary reasons are that Ian McKellen got fed up with playing against a green screen - which he had to do much more on The Hobbit than on LotR - and that he (speculating) already while filming knew how mediocre they'd turn out. Enough to age anybody. As for him looking younger in LotR, who knows how valar age?
No matter what they do with the 3rd, it's too late to save this train wreck.
Those who've seen Snowpiercer might enjoy this: http://www.theverge.com/2014/7/17/5912341/japan-luxury-cruise-train
That sounds likely. I can't say for sure which is the better version, but when seeing the first I was slightly distracted by the part now removed, and I do think it works well in the edited version.
I may have become too jaded, but it seems like Ridley's best films are behind him. Shame as he's responsible for two or more of my favorite movies. Hopefully I'm wrong...
Blade Runner can be funny that way. I had fond memories of it as a kid, but when I watched the '91 Director's Cut in the cinema I nearly fell asleep. Then, when the the Final Cut came in 2007, I got all 5 versions and nearly watched them back to back with great pleasure. Now it ranks up there with Once Upon A Time In The West for me as 'movie candy' I can just put on and enjoy for the cinematic work.
When flagging those, do you go with 'spam' or 'offensive'?
We may have talked about this before, but I have the The FK 150 sideboard in smoked oak and like it a lot. Well matched real wood veneer on all surfaces and nice details, like the sliding doors only being attached at the top, so no unsightly and dust gathering grooves in the bottom panel.
I had my eye on the Caravaggio at one point (and think I've posted it here as a recommendation a long time ago), but in the end it was too shiny for what I wanted (I know it now comes in matte versions as well). It's pretty much already got classic status here. Cecilie Manz also designs for B&O.As for older stuff finding it's way into production again, have you seen the stuff designed by Fabricius & Kastholm? Some good stuff there, IMO.
Thanks, will check them out.