or Connect

Posts by Kaplan

Random thoughts: Pretty good cast of tough guys. Fat Kilmer makes you long for Tombstone era Kilmer. Don't think I've really liked Stevenson in anything as much as I did in Rome (TV). The clips from actual newscasts are jarring and starts appearing strangely late. Good to see the Irish descendants drinking Bushmills (and not Scotch) along with their Jack. Has Walken in a surprise role as Walken. Being based on real events makes it slightly more interesting, but in the...
Well, that particular scale doesn't go below 1/5, otherwise I can't have a '3/5' present the average experience ;-)Monuments Men definitely wasn't great, but I had tempered my expectations from the bad reviews, so my own experience wasn't as let down as yours seem to be. I do agree though, that with that cast, the historical setting, etc, it had the potential for something better.***Was expecting this to fall in that broad, average '3/5' group. Fairly entertaining as it...
I'm not sure you can call it 'wrong' when it's been in use on watches for over 200 years.Here on a Longines from 1867: [[SPOILER]] As mentioned above, probably due to better balance. This way you get four markers using I's, four using V's and four using X's.
Good to hear it's not being overshadowed by its larger siblings :-)
Thank you. For someone dividing his time beteween a Sub and a Mk XV (and who got rid of a Luminor but could see the place for a Radiomir), I find your choices oddly reassuring How much do you like that PAM 62?
Great stuff, zippyh. Definitely some of IWC's best designs and models there, before pretty much all of them took a turn for the worse. With that many (models and brands) to choose from, do you find you get to wear them all, or are there notable favourites, like maybe a particular model from each brand?
This is a fun game - I'll play too (and by the same rules):Of the Rollies, I'd have to be the Pepsi and the Explorer. And if I didn't have a (no-date) Sub already, the Seadweller.Of the PAMs I've learned from experience that the 44+ mm ones won't get a lot of wrist time, but as I still have a slight Panny itch, I'd love the first Radiomir in the second row. That's the PAM 62, no? While I would've prefered a base dial (no seconds, no date) there's not a lot of choice in the...
For some reason I was expecting more from this. 2/5 Fun fairy tale. 4/5 Too enamored with showing off the hardware of USS Nimitz. Sheen and Douglas pull the rating up to 'average'. 3/5 Still not easy to walk out on in 30 seconds flat. 5/5 Fencing, fighting, torture, revenge, giants, monsters, chases, escapes, true love, miracles. 5/5
At least it has surround sound.
Incidentally, from today's End newsletter, here's an awesome, lighter version in all linen: http://www.endclothing.co.uk/catalog/product/view/id/255000/s/nigel-cabourn-classic-cameraman-jacket-nc-s15-ow-5-bkny/category/112/