or Connect

Posts by Kaplan

Introducing Kaplan's VUHA (Very Unfair and Highly Arbitrary) review system. Ratings go from 1 to 5, with 3 being a broad, average rating, embracing both those slightly above and those slightly below average. To warrant a 2 or a 4 (or a rare 1 or 5), the experience has to be notably better or worse than average - to me. Here goes, applied to some recently watched films: Started out better than I had expected from reviews, but in the end it failed to engage as much as...
^ I think that his 'Die Hard on a Boat' Under Siege is his best one. And after that, maybe his first one (?) Above the Law with Sharon Stone.
Speaking of Tourneau, I was reading up on reviews of B&W's Panorama soundbar (soon to sit under my old but venerable Pioneer Kuro plasma ), when I came across this intro, which I thought some of you might enjoy:
Yeah, Sean is great in this; lots of quotable lines. [[SPOILER]]
Had forgotten how great Morricone's soundtrack is for this, but it's evident already from the opening credits. [[SPOILER]]
Some of the JDM Seikos are really great. I'm still a little miffed that I didn't learn about the Blue Spark (SCVS013) until a few months after it had been discontinued. Hopefully they'll make an updated version one day.
Nice watch, but it's not a Grand Seiko.(Grand Seikos are more comparable to Rolex in both price and quality than they are to the 'normal' Seikos.)
A quick heads up for those of you checking the accuracy (and/or precision) of your watches about ½ a year from now: At midnight on June 30th UTC a leap second will be added (due to Earth's irregular changes in rotation speed). http://hpiers.obspm.fr/iers/bul/bulc/bulletinc.dat Mark your calendars ;-)
1931 tribute, Pepsi GMT or 5513, IWC 3705 (or 3706 or 3713) sounds good to me. Well, Jumbo does too :-)
Sounds good - hope the font is agreeable ;-) Train view looks nice (we just got snow here in Denmark a few days ago, going out to ride my bike in it now).