or Connect

Posts by Kaplan

My pleasure, C. And thanks for the thumbs and kind words everybody.
Thanks. Since the 'anniversary' has been coming up (it'll be 25 years since I got it tomorrow), I've been thinking a bit about how satisfied I've always been with this purchase - to the extent that I'm even a bit surprised over how well I actually chose all those years ago.Now, looking over the post, I realise I left out quite a bit about the particulars I like about the 14060 model - like how I prefer this design with the slimmer lugs and smaller markings over how the...
They're obviously easy to spot and they attract thieves, who apparently might even try to just rip them from your wrist, with whatever damage that may cause to the wearer or the watch. The guy I talked to at Rubinacci comfirmed what we'd heard in the streets, that wearing a Rolex in the open was ill-conceived.
Ode to 14060orThe First 25 Years [[SPOILER]] tl;dr: Some time ago I bought a Sub. I still like it.
^ Saw High Rise a few days ago, and I pretty much agree; it was quite a mess. 2/5 Pretty nice poster though (for a photographic collage):
Thanks for the recommendation Keith, I'll take a look at it (and I'll take a look at the Slim d'Herm├Ęs as well).
I saw some ok'ish models from Tissot today and I'll be checking out Longines as well. If anyone have particular models they like, please share - all inspiration is welcome.
Thanks. The Linea Silver B&M on that page looks pretty good. And the Orion looks very nice.
Alongside Reservoir Dogs and Pulp Fiction, True Romance is my favourite Tarantino work.
Thanks for your thoughts, mimo. I'll look into those brands (and if anyone has specific models in mind they like, please share). For ease of use, I think quartz actually will be preferable, especially to hand-wound.