Posts by Kaplan

Teary and trashy, with everybody (aside from the cop) being either pathetic, entitled, callous or downright despicable. The kind of thing where someone has a fuzzy memory of something very important, which then conveniently comes back to them when it's time to wrap the movie up. It did pick up a bit in the second half when twists started to unfold, only to take a dive at the end.
Small town portrayal (the first hour) and court room drama (more or less the second hour) set in the early 30s, interestingly seen through the eyes of Atticus Finch's kids (until the end, where we aren't allowed to see what they see). Some great performances and introduces Robert Duvall, in a small non-speaking role.
He wasn't the one in the dob monks, it was the black gloved assassin chasing him. (Also, we don't see Reacher going to a Goodwill in this one, but even when he knocks out a guard twice his size and steals his jacket as a disguise, it ends up being perfectly fitted for Cruise - not that I really mind that kind of thing.)
I really enjoyed the first of these (Werner Herzog's icy villain was brilliant, for instance). This, on the other hand, does nothing right. Full of false notes, Cruise mostly looks bored, no chemistry between him and Cobie Smulders, an annoying side story with a kid (that's supposed to be 15 but looks 24), a totally forgettable main story and an assassin who insists on running around in his tight black gloves in warm, sunny daylight (he also wears double monks, which...
I think the Visodate is a great looking watch. Had it been slightly smaller and without the day complication (no date would be even better), I'd jump on it - especially at that price.
It's an Inverallan (model 6A, I believe).
A guy that looks like Steve McQueen (but probably isn't, as he has trouble keeping his cool and drives like shit) and a woman that looks like Steve McQueen's future wife, rob a bank and then things start to go sour. From a script by Walther Hill (apparently his own personal favourite), this is proper Peckinpah. Some all around cool stuff with maybe cinema's the best use of a shotgun. 'That's a walk-in bank. You don't have to be Dillinger for this one.' 'Dillinger got...
That's no taxi.