or Connect

Posts by Kaplan

Much agree. I recently tried on both the new 39 and 36mm OP (the same model as mimo's, which is great even though I would have personally liked to see it without the double batons). Having a 40mm Sub and a 38mm Mk XV, I was expecting to prefer the 39mm model and to find the 36 too small. But the 39 wore bigger than my Sub (due to the larger dial) - too big. And the 36 was just perfect - even compared to my two slightly larger watches.It really is a handsome size for this...
Pierce and Olga were watchable enough, but the movie was dumb and ugly.
In that case, congrats.
For many black faced watches (including this one), I feel that a white date wheel better balances the dial with the marker at 9, so I wouldn't change it.
[[SPOILER]] The Shogun is awesome and probably what I would get today if I hadn't got the one diver I need 25 years ago.I think I've mostly seen them with white, but do they come with a black date wheel now?
Just back from this Nice, breezy romp worth a few laughs.
A couple of days ago:Kubrick's (not very Kubrick'y) 1960 epic in the '91 restoration, which I'm not sure I'd seen before. Has Woody Strode (one of the three gunmen waiting for Charles Bronson at the start of Once Upon a Time in the West) in a small role. Peter Ustinov is great here and got an Oscar for it. Has a cleverly restored scene that was missing audio, so the 31 years older Tony Curtis was brought back to speak his lines, and Anthony Hopkins dubbed Laurence Olivier....
These three are awesome:
Just finished this: I saw this at the premiere a quarter century ago, and even though I can't recall it, I must have seen it a few times after that, as I still remembered most of it. Pretty much perfect, and fun to spot Frankie Faison (the bartender from Banshee, who apparently also was in both Hannibal and Red Dragon) and Chris Isaak in small roles.