or Connect

Posts by Kaplan

Delightfully dark and original with some The Prisoner like surreal stuff in the last act.Tempting to start up a new run of Fallout 1 and go straight for Dogmeat... [[SPOILER]]
Low tech sci-fi/western that I nearly turned off, but since there isn't enough good post apocalyptic stuff around I stayed with it. Story didn't really engage me, but I enjoyed the (rather Fallout inspired) world they'd created. Reminds me that I still need to find and watch A Boy and His Dog.
On the rare occasions where I wear a suit, I usually skip the tie these days, like so: These pics are old, probably too old for an entry here.
'Twas ok.
And went on to earn about a million dollars in royalties (compared to daddy Robert's 70k directing salary).
I grew up with the TV-series, but I don't think I've ever seen this before. Interesting enough to see the well-known characters portrayed by different actors (only Radar would be played by the same guy on TV two years later). Being more episodic in nature than following a conventional story structure, it still holds your attention and it's wickedly funny at times (even though the football match at the end is way too long). Going by memory, I do think I prefer the TV-series.
While maybe the most violent movie of its time, reading up on the real life Bonnie Parker and Clyde Barrow, it seems the reality was even more grisly and violent. For instance, they killed at least nine police officers and several civilians, and the Texas Ranger Frank Hamer who (amongst others) was tasked with hunting them down, wasn't the slightly fumbling character of the movie, but a man officially credited with 53 kills and having suffered 17 wounds. Apparently, the...
^ Is that the Porter (Tanker?) briefcase? How do you like it?
I found a rare clip of an aging The Shadow watching The New World: [[SPOILER]]
So even though Richard Johnson turned down the role of Bond for Dr No, he still played a very Bond like character about 5 years later, in this from 1967 (I just found out about that and watched the whole thing here). Not surprisingly it doesn't come close to the greatness of the Bonds from that era, and some parts have more in common with Austin Powers than 007. Also, it seems like the director is asking Johnson to do his best Connery-smirk impersonation at all times,...