or Connect

Posts by Kaplan

You can still get the same watch but to justify a major price hike Omega is now only offering it with a bigger box and some extras. Fine enough as an option I guess, but it has replaced the pretty good deal the 3570 used to be.
I always applauded Omega for keeping the Speedy Pro 3570.50.00 in their line-up along side all their other interpretations, as (like Dino) it's the only one I would consider, and I very much liked the idea that when and if I got around to it, it would be there. So naturally they went and fucked that up
Is that a 1016? The best Explorer, IMHO.
I guess I should thank Rolex for putting those accent colours on the dial, otherwise they would have been hard to resist - perfectly balanced dials, great size, brushed bracelet and so on...
+1. Even in winter and after dark, it's rather nice to grap a cold, local beer in one of the outside thermal baths, like this one: [[SPOILER]] Oh, and find an old bar and get an Absinthe. You might even try it served the Neue Bohemian way, where you (in contrast to the classic French way and frowned upon by some traditionalists) light the Absinthe soaked sugar cube on the Absinthe spoon on fire, before you douse it with water.
Kjærholm designed the PK24 in '65. Here's another Danish design, this one by Preben Fabricius and Jørgen Kastholm, designed in '68.
AFAIK the wicker used here isn't factory made, but done here: http://www.endelaveflet.dk/index.php/produkter (sorry, site not in English).I saw a program about this place, where I believe it was mentioned that the wicker for the PK 20 and 24 is only made there, though I may be remembering that wrong.
I like polished concrete too. Years ago I tried some darkish wax stain on my wooden floors, but it never came out as I wanted - too red, kinda like cherry wood. Recently I painted the floors light grey. Works much better in a smalish apartment. Easier on the looking clean bit too.
Naturally.
As presented in the photos that's probably my favourite shade for wooden floors. What don't you like about about it and what would you rather have?