or Connect

Posts by Kaplan

New straps for the waning days of summer. Olive green Navy Coyote brown
Looks like the perfect place for the yearly SPECTRE getaway.
[[SPOILER]]
Thanks. Pretty close; it's a Raleigh Tourist De Luxe with a 3-speed SRAM gear. The Pashley I had before had the Sturmey Archer 3-speed gear.
You're most welcome. While it should fill most peoples quota for kicks and punches, I think the sequel would be fun to catch as well. I saw a clip some time back, showcasing some of the ambitious camera work, where they passed a camera from a car, through the window of another car, through the car (guided by a guy disguised as a car seat) and out on the other side to an operator mounted low, outside of the car - all at speed. Low tech, but very cool.
Simple (though very basic IWC owning) caveman chiming in: Since IWC abandoned the cursive script for print on their Portos, they haven't really done anything for me. Not that I don't think the Automatic looks nice (I feel bad for the cut numerals on the chrono), it's just that knowing how good they used to look, I'd never consider a new model.My favorite is probably the limited Pisa edition, with it's handpainted dial:
Hadn't seen it for quite some time, so dug out the dvd of this: Directed by David Twohy (and co-written by Darren Aronofsky) it's a nice, moody and stylishly shot little film (in that sense it's not unlike Twohy's Pitch Black, the first and only good Riddick movie). If you haven't already and is going to see it, avoid reading about it before hand. Great cast, too. Among it, I was surprised to recognize this guy, who I really wasn't familiar with on my last viewing:
Nice. I too got my first Raleigh about the age of 10 (so 30+ years ago), but that's long gone. I wouldn't have been able to use it now anyway, as it had a smaller frame. Sadly Raleigh is not made in Nottingham anymore, so the quality isn't what it used to be - even though the design for these (Danish commissioned) ones is still there.
[[SPOILER]]
[[SPOILER]]