or Connect

Posts by Kaplan

Hadn't seen this in a while. Basically High Noon in space, but it's a rather nice '79 Alien like space. With the costumes and set designs it looks like it could take place in the same universe and at the same time that Nostromo made that fateful landing on LV-426. It even has a rather similar opening credit with the title fading in like in Alien, complete with a Jerry Goldsmith soundtrack.
It premiered here in Denmark today (my little brothers caught the galla premiere this sunday).I love the book. Had it first read out to me as a kid some 35+ years ago and I still re-read it on occasion (and for the first time in English this year). I'm not in the least impressed that they squeezed a trilogy out of it though.
[[SPOILER]]
The Borgias was great (especially the Micheletto Corella character played by Sean Harris).Canal+'s Borgia that ran nearly simultaneously, telling the same story, was pretty good too IIRC.
I'm sure it was beautiful, but I've already forgotten about it. Sorry.
Apart from a scene with some nice tank on tank action (using the world's last, still rolling, Tiger tank), this was rather forgettable.
^ Those are some nice stills.
Finally caught this: Maybe not really enjoyable, but impressive film making and powerful performances.
Saw and liked both Fargo and True Detective. Walking Dead's first season was great (all 6 episodes of it) - it's been downhill from there.
I love that first season of Firefly but I'm not particular sad that it didn't continue beyond that - too many series continue beyond their expiration date IMO. Also makes it easier to rewatch every few years.IIRC their big Rome set burned down and monetary concerns forced them to condense the storyline planned for season 2 and 3 into the final 2nd season. I still rank Rome as one of my absolute favourite TV series (both seasons).The ISIS name is out for Archer from next...