or Connect

Posts by Kaplan

I would love to catch Angel Heart again. I've only seen it once, in the cinema in 1987. I liked it quite a bit and IIRC there were some nice, atmospheric scenes, like in that alley in NY with the fire escapes where they seem to shoot a lot of movies?Also, my habbit of waiting to read reviews till after I've seen a movie started with Angel Heart, as an incredibly savvy reviewer managed to spoil this one with a single line. [[SPOILER]]
Yup.
Dug out the dvd of this: Great and appropriately operatic take on the King Arthur myth. Has young Helen Mirren, Gabriel Byrne, Liam Neeson, Patrick Stewart and blink-and-you'll-miss-him CiarĂ¡n Hinds. 4/5
+1
Well obviously, but apparently it doesn't open here until next week...
For some reason my local cinema was showing this 33 year old movie: I liked it. 5/5
My last bike to get stolen was a nice Pashley Roadster I replaced it with a Raleigh, which sadly isn't up to its former made in Nottingham standard, but it had the aesthetics I wanted.
Since talking about BR yesterday, I've been listening to the soundtrack, so it was already playing as I saw your post The 2007 Blade Runner Trilogy 3 CD release is great, with the final disc having additional music by Vangelis inspired by BR, but I also like the '82 single disk release that has the soundtrack reinterptreted by The New American Orchestra (so not played by Vangelis as heard in the film - that wasn't available until '94).
I don't think he really changed his mind. When they shot it, it was the biggest area of contention between him and Ford, so he pretty much always felt that way. It's more that, as he got increasing control over future incarnations, he was able to solidify his vision at the cost of (the more interesting) ambiguity.
In the book Deckard wasn't a replicant: "The purpose of this story as I saw it was that in his job of hunting and killing these replicants, Deckard becomes progressively dehumanized. At the same time, the replicants are being perceived as becoming more human. Finally, Deckard must question what he is doing, and really what is the essential difference between him and them? And, to take it one step further, who is he if there is no real difference?" - Philip K. Dick One...