or Connect

Posts by Kaplan

Well, two days ago actually :-)And not the final one, according to Harmy. As mentioned above, he plans to do a 1080p v3.0 of all three. On the Original Trilogy forum he even mentioned a possible v4.0, though I don't recall what the planned changes were for that.Edit: Found this:
I think it's too limiting to keep yourself from getting something you like just because it might be seen as ubiquitous or cliched. Especially if that burn out comes from seeing the item on-line or in magazines (easy solution for that). It's of course different if you encounter the item in question in your daily life (job/social circle) so much that you're already tired of it.As for the stools, I like the look of both of them, but I would still kinda like to get this one,...
Don't let the man hold you down, man.
Another vote for keeping this as a single thread when it needs to be rebooted. And something like The Watch P0rn Thread could be a great title.
I don't think I made it to the end of the first movie, didn't even know these continued into the original trilogy. Not sure I finished DM of the Rings either, though I read a lot more of those. (Having played quite a bit of D&D in the 80's there were a lot of hilariously recognizable situations there.)
^ I remember reading quite a bit of those some years ago, though I don't think I made it to the end. It's quite clever and doubly funny if you've ever been near a D&D game or similar. The DM of the Rings that inspired it is even better (start here). A bit surprised to see that it's been nearly 10 years since I was waiting for Shamus to put out those strips about three times a week...
For those interested, here's the status of the Despecialized Editions: SW is at v2.5, TESB is at v2.0 and is RotJ is currently at v1.0. A workprint of RotJ v2.0 was recently released, but Harmy is planning to go directly to a v2.5 for the official release, which should be in the next week or two, followed by a v2.5 of TESB to bring them all up to the same version. And then a 1080p v3.0 for all three is next.
^ Nice. I wore one of my VdR shirts today as well, no pics though...
He already did in his Final Cut (and in the Director's Cut before that), plus he's stated as much in interviews and so on (I personally disagree with this, as the story's much more interesting with a human protagonist - Ford agrees. Actually, keeping it at least ambiguous is more interesting than spelling it out). I agree with otc that the best chance of this working would probably be to tell an unrelated story in the same setting (which is only 3 years away now...).
Not that I have high hopes, but I don't think it's a remake. Is it?