or Connect

Posts by Kaplan

Running - Tom Cruise
^ Yeah, those screws are bugging the hell out of me too. But on the other hand, it is made with a colour called Caviar Black, so you just know it's both expensive, exclusive and luxurious.
I've seen very few of the 200+ Tarzan movies, and my expectations for this kind of thing may be way off, but I would've liked a movie with a character like Tarzan to be much more pulpy. (Say like 1994's The Shadow with Alec Baldwin which I recently rewatched and which I think did the pulpy adventure thing rather well, in spite of its low review scores. Heck, even the two Tomb Raider films have more charm than this. And of course, the high point for pulpy adventure is...
Just came back earlier today from the birth island of Pythagoras. 25 years ago, my first foreign trip with this watch was also to the Aegean Sea and it's still the perfect watch for this kind of thing. Here on a pair of stingray patterned OB swim shorts, with either an Americano or a Dark 'N Stormy (I forgot which) within easy reach
While I appreciate some of the more rugged leather straps on something like a Panerai, and while I sometimes wear a sub or a mk xv on a nylon RAF or NATO strap (would only be on the simpler RAF type if they were easier to come by), I must admit that leather NATOs always look bad to me.Speaking of straps, mention of some of the PP models led me to this site with a beautiful 570 (in what seems like a perfect 36mm), shown on a few different straps. The leather NATO may...
Yes.
That was my first thought too (apart from the clumsy reveal at the end), but a quick googling shows that Star Destroyers apparently can hover in atmosphere: But hey, this is Fantasy, not Sci-Fi so (on reflection) I'm cool with it.
Wow, scary stuff.
What the hell is a Vadar?
Having the benefit of not having read anything about this before watching, made especially the first half satisfyingly unpredictable. Also, very cool how it didn't rely on or resort to flash backs to establish the back story or build an emotional connection. Nice, tight revenge thriller.