or Connect

Posts by Kaplan

'Nearly back to back' may have been the wrong expression. I believe it was something like one a day, so more like over the course of a week. I still rewatch different versions, but now it's usually a choice between the Final Cut and the 1982 International Cut with the voice over, as it's the one I grew up on and I don't hate the voice over like Ford and Scott do.
Stitchy, if you liked the first 7 Harry Potter movies you should probably check the last one as well ;-) Saw these two over the last couple of days: Pretty good. Had a similar mood and tempo as Anton Corbijn's The American with Clooney. Got a nice 70's vibe from this one by Werner Herzog (who made a great baddie in Jack Reacher).
Did you lose a bet?
Sure, why not ;-)
The primary reasons are that Ian McKellen got fed up with playing against a green screen - which he had to do much more on The Hobbit than on LotR - and that he (speculating) already while filming knew how mediocre they'd turn out. Enough to age anybody. As for him looking younger in LotR, who knows how valar age?
No matter what they do with the 3rd, it's too late to save this train wreck.
Those who've seen Snowpiercer might enjoy this: http://www.theverge.com/2014/7/17/5912341/japan-luxury-cruise-train
That sounds likely. I can't say for sure which is the better version, but when seeing the first I was slightly distracted by the part now removed, and I do think it works well in the edited version.
I may have become too jaded, but it seems like Ridley's best films are behind him. Shame as he's responsible for two or more of my favorite movies. Hopefully I'm wrong...
Blade Runner can be funny that way. I had fond memories of it as a kid, but when I watched the '91 Director's Cut in the cinema I nearly fell asleep. Then, when the the Final Cut came in 2007, I got all 5 versions and nearly watched them back to back with great pleasure. Now it ranks up there with Once Upon A Time In The West for me as 'movie candy' I can just put on and enjoy for the cinematic work.