or Connect

Posts by Kaplan

The Counselor was a screenplay by CM, no book AFAIK? I've only read The Road. I liked it and thought the movie was a rather good adaptation.
This is perfect.
Me neither. Music is a big part of a movie experience for me, so when I after a while realized there were none in this, it just started to annoy me. But it was obviously a very considered decision and I should probably give it another chance.Of the Cormac McCarthy movies I still like it better than The Counselor, but a good deal less than The Road.
I would love to catch Angel Heart again. I've only seen it once, in the cinema in 1987. I liked it quite a bit and IIRC there were some nice, atmospheric scenes, like in that alley in NY with the fire escapes where they seem to shoot a lot of movies?Also, my habbit of waiting to read reviews till after I've seen a movie started with Angel Heart, as an incredibly savvy reviewer managed to spoil this one with a single line. [[SPOILER]]
Yup.
Dug out the dvd of this: Great and appropriately operatic take on the King Arthur myth. Has young Helen Mirren, Gabriel Byrne, Liam Neeson, Patrick Stewart and blink-and-you'll-miss-him CiarĂ¡n Hinds. 4/5
+1
Well obviously, but apparently it doesn't open here until next week...
For some reason my local cinema was showing this 33 year old movie: I liked it. 5/5
My last bike to get stolen was a nice Pashley Roadster I replaced it with a Raleigh, which sadly isn't up to its former made in Nottingham standard, but it had the aesthetics I wanted.